- Turbulence at the Exascale: Application to Wind Energy, Green Aviation, Air Quality and Net-zero Combustion, EPSRC (ExCALIBUR Grant, Ref EP/W026686/1), Dr S. Laizet (PI, Imperial), G.R. Mudalige (CoI), Prof. D. Emerson (CoI, STFC), Prof. N. Chakraborty, Professor (CoI Newcastle), Prof. N. Sandham (CoI, Southampton), van Dr. M. Reeuwijk (CoI, Imperial), Dr. L. Magri (CoI, Imperial), Professor R.S. Cant (CoI, Cambridge), (Dec 2021 - Nov 2024) - £2.6M.
- Turbulent Flow Simulations at the Exascale: Application to Wind Energy and Green Aviation, EPSRC (ExCALIBUR Grant, Ref EP/V000942/1), Dr S. Laizet (PI, Imperial), G.R. Mudalige (CoI), Prof. D. Emerson (CoI, STFC), Prof. S. Mcintosh-Smith (CoI, Bristol), Prof. N. Sandham (CoI, Southampton), (April 2020 - Jun 2021) - £237,303.
- Gen X: ExCALIBUR Working Group on Exascale Continuum Mechanics Through Code Generation, EPSRC (ExCALIBUR Grant, Ref EP/V001493/1), Dr. D. Ham (PI, Imperial), Prof. P. Kelly, Dr. P. Vincent, Dr. G. Gorman (CoIs, Imperial), Dr. P. Farrell (CoI, Oxford), G.R. Mudalige (CoI), Prof. B. Wingate, Dr. D. Acreman (CoIs, Exeter). (April 2020 - Jun 2021) - £157,897.
- ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP4 Code Structure and Coordination: Software Support Procurement (NEPTUNE) UKAEA (Sept 2022, Sept 2021, April 2021) with Dr. Steven Wright (York). - £267,829.
- High-Fidelity Eddy-Resolving Simulations on Multi-Core Accelerators for Multi-Phase Flows in Transport and Energy, EPSRC (Ref: EP/T01380X/1). New Investigator grant, Dr. R. Jefferson-Loveday (PI, Nottingham), G.R.Mudalige (CoI). (April 2020 - Aug 2022) - £282,870.
- CCP Turbulence, EPSRC grant (Ref: EP/T026170/1), Dr Sylvain Laizet (PI, Imperial), G.R. Mudalige (CoI), Prof. D. Emerson (CoI, STFC), Prof. S. McIntosh-Smith (CoI, Bristol). (March 2020 - Feb 2025) - £257,048.
- Expressing numerical algorithms in performance portable frameworks, EPSRC iCASE studentship with IBM., G.R. Mudalige (PI), with Dr. R. Sawko and Dr. S. Antao (CoI, IBM). (Feb 2019) - £114,500.
- NAG PDE solver Project with OPS/OP2, Funded by the Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd., G.R. Mudalige with Dr.I.Z Reguly (PPCU Hungary) (Jan 2019 - April 2019) - £15,395.
- Tier-2 – HPC systems resource allocation panel, EPSRC. Time on the UK Tier 2 HPC Systems (Wilkes-2, Cambridge), 10000 GPU hours, G.R. Mudalige (PI). (Dec 2018 - Jan 2020)
- High-level Abstractions for Performance, Portability and Continuity of Scientific software on Exascale Computing Systems - Archer Resource Allocation Panel, EPSRC. Time on the UK National Supercomputer (ARCHER) 15685.2 kAUs, G.R. Mudalige (PI). (Dec 2018 - Jan 2020)
- Strategic Partnership in Computational Science for Advanced Simulation and Modelling of Virtual Systems (ASiMoV), EPSRC Prosperity Grant, Warwick Investigators: S.A.Jarvis and G.R. Mudalige. (Oct 2018 - Oct 2023) - £1.7M (Warwick)
- Uncertainty Quantification of multi-scale and multi-physics computer models: applications to hazard and climate models - Alan Turing Institute Project, G.R. Mudalige (CoI), with Prof. S. Guillas (PI, UCL), Dr. S. Fahmy (CoI, Warwick), Prof. M.B. Giles (CoI, Oxford ), Dr. D. Williamson (CoI, Exeter). (Oct 2018 - Oct 2020) - £57,069 (Warwick)
- Future-ready Massively-Parallel CFD Simulations for the Exascale - Royal Society Industry Fellowship with Rolls-Royce plc., (Ref: INF/R1/180012) G.R. Mudalige (PI) . (Sept 2018 - Aug 2022) - £104,721.
- Preparing for Exascale with Mini-applications - Archer Resource Allocation Panel, EPSRC. Time on the UK National Supercomputer (ARCHER) 9694.8 kAUs, G.R. Mudalige (PI). (July 2017 - June 2018)
Developing OP2 Hydra for Next Generation Systems (Principal Investigator) - Funded by Rolls-Royce Plc., G.R. Mudalige (PI) and Dr.I.Z Reguly (Co-I, PPCU Hungary). (April 2017 – March 2018) - £90,000.
Future-proof Massively-Parallel Execution of Multi-block Applications. EPSRC (Ref: EP/K038494/1 ), Prof. M.B. Giles (Oxford, PI), Prof. S. McIntosh-Smith (CoI, Bristol), Prof. N. Sandham (CoI, Southampton), Prof. D. Emerson (CoI, STFC) and G.R. Mudalige (Oxford, Researcher Co-I) (Nov 2013 - Feb 2017) - £280,147.
Development, Optimisation and Maintenance of OP2 for Rolls-Royce Hydra under SILOET 1 & 2, Rolls-Royce plc., Prof. M.B. Giles (Oxford, PI), G.R. Mudalige (Oxford, CoI) and Dr. I.Z Reguly (CoI, PPKE Hungary). (July 2013 - Sept 2017) - ~£170k.
Warwick, Wisconsin-Madison Research Exchange Internship, Research funding for an exchange year at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. (Aug 2006 - Aug 2007).
Overseas Research Students (ORS) Award, (Sept 2004 - Sept 2008)
Warwick Postgraduate Research Fellowship, (Sept 2005 - Sept 2008)