Fahad Ebrahim is a first-year ( 2023 - ) PhD student in the Department of Computer Science. He is working under the supervision of Prof. Mike Joy. He received his MSc in computer science from the University of Warwick and his BSc in computer engineering from Kuwait University. Fahad is part of the Artificial Intelligence and Human-Centred Computing research theme.
Fahad's main research interest is to apply Artificial Intelligence in the field of Education. He is interested in text similarity, and plagiarism detection using Natural Language Processing. His current research is related to source code plagiarism detection in computer science education.
- MSc in Computer Science at the University of Warwick ( 2021 - 2022 ).
- MSc in Computer Engineering at Kuwait University ( 2014 - 2016 ).
- BSc in Computer Engineering at Kuwait University ( 2009 - 2013 ).
- Full-Time Teaching Assistant at Kuwait University ( 2018 - 2021 ).
- Technical Analyst/Professional at Kuwait's Zain Telecom ( 2014 - 2018 ).
- Junior Computer Engineer at Kuwait's Ministry of Electricity and Water ( 2013 - 2014 ).
- Senior Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- CS917 Foundations of Computing (Autumn 2023/2024)
- Fahad Ebrahim, Mike Joy, “Source Code Plagiarism Detection with Pre-Trained Model Embeddings and Automated Machine Learning”. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing, pages 301–309, Varna, Bulgaria.
- Sa'ed Abed, Mohammad Al-Shayeji, Fahad Ebrahim, “A secure and energy-efficient platform for the integration of Wireless Sensor Networks and Mobile Cloud Computing”.Computer Networks, Volume 165, 2019, 106956, ISSN 1389-1286.
- Al Shayeji, Mohammad H., Fahad Ebrahim, and M. D. Samrajesh. "Performance Analysis of Video Codecs Using Transport Stream Video." Advanced Science Letters 21, no. 1 (2015): 102-106.