As a PhD student in the Signal and Information Processing Lab under the supervision of Dr Victor Sanchez, my research is about inferring a third spatial dimension from 2D images. Specifically, I am focusing on the field of monocular depth estimation methods to improve depth map prediction.
Monocular depth estimation refers to estimating the depth information of a scene or object using a single 2D image as input. In my research, I am working on various approaches to enhance edge detection, improving monocular depth estimation's accuracy and reliability.
My PhD is funded by Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research - KISRLink opens in a new window.
Signal and Information Processing (SIP) LabLink opens in a new window
University of Warwick
Coventry, UK CV4 7AL
Computer Vision and Machine/Deep learning with applications to the image.
- Research Associate in the Petroleum Research Center PRC in KISR.Link opens in a new window
- PRC Computer Lab supervisor since 2016.
- I participated in software development and ML projects for oil upstream and downstream enhancement.
- Senior Graduate Teaching Assistant at the University of Warwick:
Best presentation in the track of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (Problem Exploring) in Warwick Postgraduate Colloquium in Computer Science, 2023 - WPCCSLink opens in a new window.
- B.Sc. Information Technology & Computing, AOU - Kuwait.
( Graduation project: Developing an image compression software )
- M.Sc. Advanced Software Technology, Swansea University, Wales, UK.
( Dissertation: Geomentric Convolution Neural Network for 2D image segmentation )