Session 1: Posing the problem
- What is the problem? Semantic ascent and the 'explanatory gap'
- David Gooding and Evan Thompson
- The Construit environment for making construals
- Faraday and the computer
- Making digital construals: some illustrative examples
Session 2: Practicalities and Programs
- Seymour Papert and Charles Crook on constructionism
- Modelling a room in Logo and Construit
- Construals as 'objects-to-think-with'
- Making construals for learning and software development
Session 3: An Experiential Perspective
- From programs to construals
- A broader view of computing
- Making construals as making connections
- Construals as 'objects-to-converse-with'
- William James's radical empiricism
The penny rolling construals:
The OXO laboratory