The figure shown on the canvas illustrates a construal of a simple electrical circuit that includes a battery, three switches and two bulbs.
- List the observables that represent the electrical components of the circuit.
- Experiment with opening and closing switches to find out when the leftmost bulb lights up.
- Try altering the picture observable to discover the name of the observable that represents the leftmost bulb.
- Use the Dependency Map to identify the observables that affect the observable you identified in Question 3.
- What is the name of the observable that determines whether the leftmost bulb lights up? Which dependency defines this observable?
- How would you simulate the failure of the leftmost bulb?
- What other observables affect the leftmost bulb?
- How would you change the width of the master switch?
- Use the dependency map and the observable list to identify all of the base observables. Try to describe which characteristic of the circuit diagram each base observable relates to.
Hint: A base observable is one that is not defined using a dependency. The base observables are written in black text in the observable list.