The Natural Language Processing (NLP) Group at Warwick is comprised of PhD and postdoctoral students, professors and others who are interested in solving computational problems related to the understanding of human language. This encompasses a wide range of topics including sentiment analysis, topic/event extraction, question answering, cross-modal retrieval, text illustration, social media analysis and many more, typically approached with machine learning.
- May 2021, we have three papers accepted by the main conference of ACL 2021 and two papers accepted by the ACL Findings.
- March 2021, we have a paper accepted by NAACL 2021.
- January 2021, we have a paper accepted by WWW 2021, in collaboration with Harbin Institute of Technology.
- January 2021, we have two papers accepted by EACL 2021.
- December 2020, we have two papers accepted by AAAI 2021, in collaboration with Southeast University.
- November 2020, Prof. Yulan He was among 15 UK academics to win a Turing AI Acceleration Fellowship.
- October 2020, Prof. Yulan He and her then PhD student Chenghua Lin won the Test of Time Award in CIKM 2020 for their paper on sentiment analysis published in CIKM 2009,
- September 2020, we have two papers accepted by COLING 2020.
- June 2020, Lin Gui won the "The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine Post-Doctoral Research Prize". Congratulations, Lin!
- May 2020, Lin Gui has a paper accepted by IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- April 2020, Lixing Zhu has a paper accepted by Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL).
- April 2020, we have three papers accepted by ACL 2020.
- December 2019, Vishwash Batra has a paper on recipe stepwise illustration published in ECIR 2020.