The Natural Language Processing (NLP) Group at Warwick is comprised of PhD and postdoctoral students, professors and others who are interested in solving computational problems related to the understanding of human language. This encompasses a wide range of topics including sentiment analysis, topic/event extraction, question answering, cross-modal retrieval, text illustration, social media analysis and many more, typically approached with machine learning.
- October 23, 2020, Prof. Yulan He and her then PhD student Chenghua Lin won the Test of Time Award in CIKM 2020 for their paper on sentiment analysis published in CIKM 2009,
- September 30, 2020, we have two papers accepted by COLING 2020.
- June 10, 2020, Lin Gui won the "The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine Post-Doctoral Research Prize". Congratulations, Lin!
- May 21, 2020, Lin Gui has a paper accepted by IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- April 21, 2020, Lixing Zhu has a paper accepted by Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL).
- April 4, 2020, we have three papers accepted by ACL 2020.
- December 9, 2019, Vishwash Batra has a paper on recipe stepwise illustration published in ECIR 2020.