- Bimrose, J., and Brown, A. (2019) Professional identity transformation: supporting career and employment practitioners at a distance, British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 47, 6, pp. 757-769.
- Bimrose,J. , Brown. A., Mulvey, R., Kieslinger, B. and Dewanti, R.T. (2019) Transforming identities and co-constructing careers of career counselors, Journal of Vocational Behaviour, Volume 111, April, pp 7-23.
Brown A., Bimrose J. (2018) Learning and Identity Development at Work. In: Milana M., Webb S., Holford J., Waller R., Jarvis P. (eds) The Palgrave International Handbook on Adult and Lifelong Education and Learning. Palgrave Macmillan, London. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-55783-4_14
- Brown, A., Bimrose, J. (2017). Drivers of learning for the low skilled, International Journal of Lifelong Education, On-line first. DOI: 10.1080/02601370.2017.1378934
- Shipton, H., Sparrow, P., Budhwar, P. and Brown, A. (2017). HRM and innovation: looking across levels, Human Resource Management Journal, 27(2), pp. 246–263. DOI: 10.1111/1748-8583.12102 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1748-8583.12102/abstract
- Bimrose, J., Mulvey, R. & Brown, A. (2016). Low qualified and low skilled: the need for context sensitive careers support, British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 44, 2, 145-157. DOI: 10.1080/03069885.2016.1145190
- Barnes, S-A. & Brown, A. (2016). Stories of learning and their significance to future pathways and aspirations, British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 44, 2, 233-242. DOI: 10.1080/03069885.2016.1145194
- Brown, A. (2016). Career adaptability and attitudes to low-skilled work by individuals with few qualifications: ‘getting by’, ‘getting on’ or ‘going nowhere’. British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 44, 2, 221-232. DOI: 10.1080/03069885.2016.1145196.
- Brown, A. (2015). The Role Of Career Adaptability And Flexible Expertise In Developing Individual Innovative Behaviour. In H. Shipton, P. Budhwar, P. Sparrow & A. Brown (Eds). Human Resource Management, Innovation and Performance, Chapter 16, pp. 249-265, London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Bimrose, J. and Brown, A. (2015). Career decision making and career adaptability. In K. Maree and A.Di Fabio (Eds.) Exploring New Horizons in Career Counselling: Turning Challenge into Opportunities, pp. 249 - 262, Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. ISBN Paperback: 9789463001526.
- Brown, A. (2015). Developing Career Adaptability and Innovative Capabilities Through Learning and Working in Norway and the United Kingdom. Journal of the Knowledge Economy, 6, 2, 402-419. DOI 10.1007/s13132-014-0215-6.
- Brown, A. (2015). Mid-career reframing: the learning and development processes through which individuals seek to effect major career changes. British Journal of Guidance & Counselling. 43, 3, pp. 278-291. doi: 10.1080/03069885.2015.1028888
- Brown, A. & Bimrose, J. (2015). Identity Development. In Hartung, P. J.; Savickas, M. L.; and Walsh, W. B. (Eds), (2015). APA handbook of career intervention, Volume 2: Applications. APA handbooks in psychology., (pp. 241-254). Washington, DC, US: American Psychological Association, ix, 565 pp.
- Brown, A. & Bimrose, J. (2014). Model of Learning for Career and Labour Market Transitions, Research in Comparative and International Education, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 270-286. doi: 10.2304/rcie.2014.9.3.270
- CEDEFOP (2014) Brown, A., Bimrose, J. and Merrill, B. (eds): Navigating difficult waters: learning for career and labour market transitions, Research Paper 42, Thessaloniki: CEDEFOP.
- Bimrose, J., Brown, A., Holocher-Ertl, T., Kieslinger, B., Kunzmann, C., Prilla, M., Schmidt, A. and Wolf, C. (2014) The Role of Facilitation in Technology-Enhanced Learning for Public Employment Services. International Journal of Advanced Corporate Learning, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 56 - 63.
- Hippach-Schneider, U., Weigel, T., Brown, A. & Gonon, P. (2013) Are graduates preferred to those completing initial vocational education and training? Case studies on company recruitment strategies in Germany, England and Switzerland. Journal of Vocational Education & Training, Vol. 65, Iss. 1, 2013 , pp. 1 - 17.
A fuller list of selected key publications.
All conference presentations