We supervise PhD research in Empirical Macroeconomics, Econometrics and Forecasting. All students are part of the WBS PhD programme in Finance and Econometrics. We provide students with support to develop their individual research skills and pursue academic and research positions in economic institutions. Our current and past students (including placement) are listed below.
- Supervisors: Professor Shaun Vahey and Professor Anthony Garratt.
- Project title: 'New methods in Density Forecasting'
Andrea De Polis
- Supervisors: Prof. Ana Galvao and Dr Ivan Petrella.
- Project title: 'Financial Asymmetries in Volatility Models'
- Francesco Saverio Gaudio
- Supervisor: Dr Ivan Petrella and Prof. Shaun Vahey
- Project title: 'Labour Market Frictions, Imperfect Rationality and Asymmetric Effects of Monetary Policy'
- Giulia Mantoan
- Supervisor: Prof. Ana Galvao and Prof. James Mitchell
- Project title: 'Bayesian combination and calibration of Density Forecasts'
- Yunyi Zhang
- Supervisor: Professor Anthony Garratt and Prof. Shaun Vahey
- Project title: 'Proposal for measuring and evaluating uncertainty behind density forecasts"
Danilo Cascaldi Garcia
Supervisors: Dr Ana Galvao and Professor Anthony Garratt.
Project title: 'Empirical Evaluation of News and Uncertainty Shocks as Sources of Business Cycles'
Graduated in July 2018. Placement: Board of Governors, Federal Reserve Bank, Washington.