Energy GRP Summer Internship Programme for Undergraduates
Could your project benefit from an intern?
The Warwick research community can benefit from hosting an internship by getting the extra support to assist in public engagement activities, conduct literature reviews, support technical work, or do that data analysis you've been putting off.
An internship is also a beneficial experience for students. An experience like this is invaluable for developing a CV, future job applications, and employability.
Criteria for Application
The Energy GRP will fund up to three interns for Summer 2022. Each intern will receive funding for up to four weeks.
To ensure that an experience—whether it is a traditional internship or one conducted remotely or virtually—is educational, and thus eligible to be considered a legitimate internship, all the following criteria must be met:
- The project must relate to the thematic interests of the Energy GRP.
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host department that support learning objectives/goals.
Who can you take on?
In order to be eligible for this program, the intern must meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicants must be undergraduate or integrated undergraduate master's students (e.g. MBio, MChem) of the University of Warwick (Note: Erasmus students are not eligible to apply).
- Summer interns are required to confirm they are entitled to work in the UK during summer vacation 2022, and to provide the appropriate identification and/or visa to demonstrate this. If you have questions about work restrictions, please visit the Immigration & Compliance pages.
- If appointed, students with student visas may begin their internship the week commencing 18 July 2022 .
- All work must be carried out in the UK, and the intern must have a UK bank account.
**The deadline for submissions is May 11th, 2022, and we will aim to respond to all applications within two weeks of the deadline.
*** Please note that our current call is for academics to submit project proposals. The project opportunities will be advertised to students via unitemps once our panel has approved them.
Internship Time Line
|Submit Application Form||11.05.22|
|Panel review and Approval of Project||30.05.22 - 03.06.22|
|Unitemps to advertise||06.06.22 - 22.06.22|
|Shortlisting and Interviews||23.06.22 - 30.06.22|
|Internship Start Date||18.07.22|
|Internship End date||12.08.22 (No later than 15.09.22)|