Please read these Terms and Conditions and complete the declaration at the bottom of the page. An email receipt of your acceptance will be sent to you.
We are delighted that you have chosen to accept the offer of an Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council CASE (EPSRC CASE) Award at the University of Warwick.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of your award carefully and complete the declaration at the bottom of this page in order to accept your scholarship offer. Please print this page for your own records.
In accepting the Terms and Conditions of this award you are aware that the award is subject to a Collaboration Agreement between the University of Warwick and the Industrial Partner. Details of the agreement will be supplied by the your academic department.
- The EPSRC CASE award is normally awarded for up to 4 years of full-time doctoral study and normally includes the payment of both academic fees and a maintenance grant to the award-holder. Funding is not retrospective.
- The University’s decision over fee status will be final. By accepting the award, you are confirming that you accept your assigned fee status and are not aware of any evidence that might alter this classification. If you do not disclose such evidence and the University becomes aware of it at a later date, your award may be revoked.
- Payment of academic fees for the EPSRC CASE is normally set at the home fee rate, with an overseas fee rate only being paid upon written confirmation from your academic department.
- Payment of the maintenance grant is set at the standard UKRI rate which will be £17,668 p.a. for 2022-2023.
- Payment of a Researcher Training Support Grant (RTSG) is set at the rate noted by your academic department.
- Awards for EPSRC CASE in 2022/23 are ordinarily expected to begin on 3 October 2022. The award of the EPSRC CASE may be deferred with prior permissions from the Doctoral College and your department.
- Accommodation fees are not directly covered by the EPSRC CASE. The stipend is intended to be a contribution towards living expenses.
As part of the EPSRC iCASE award, the award-holder is expected to spend at least three months on the premises of the Industrial Partner associated with their project.
- The EPSRC CASE award-holder is expected to participate periodically in a range of postgraduate recruitment and community focused activities, which might include postgraduate open days; induction events; focus groups; receptions held with potential sponsors or alumni, student talks etc.
The EPSRC CASE award-holder authorises the University of Warwick to disclose to the Industrial Partner any information that the Industrial Partner requests regarding the progress of their studies, the submission of their thesis, and the completion of their studies.
The EPSRC CASE award-holder authorises The University of Warwick to disclose the recipient’s contact details to the Industrial Partner. This is to allow correspondence from Industrial Partner to recipients.
These Terms and Conditions are issued by the Academic Director, Doctoral College on behalf of the University of Warwick