By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Understand some of the different ways in which Europe and the Early Modern Period were conceived in the past and by historians.
- Understand the encounters between Europeans and non-Europeans, and the relationships between them.
- Understand and apply key historical and historiographical terms.
- Describe the ways the Renaissance and Enlightenment shaped European thought.
- Use library resources (including online journals, electronic and online resources)
- Manage own learning for and in seminars, communicate with others, and engage in group work.
- Analyse primary and secondary written sources
Assignment 1: 1 x 1,000 word Historiographical Review (20%). Further details here.
Assignment 2: 1 x 2,000 word Essay (30%). Further details here.
Assignment 3: 1 x 3,000 word Research Project (40%). Further details here.
Assignment 4: Participation/Engagement (10%). Further details here.
Please refer to the undergraduate handbook for information regarding assessment deadlines.