Room 228, Department of Computer Science
Tel: 24 765 73794
A new PhD position is potentially available, please contact me with a CV and related materials.
- Data systems and analytics, spatial-temporal data management, data integration, privacy.
- I am interested in building scalable data analytics and integration software. The research tasks for building practical data systems include: Merging multiple sources of information, scaling in terms of size and variety of data, enabling interaction, and protecting the privacy of data subjects. An example application is to learn mobility patterns over multiple sources of geotagged urban data, shared via mobile devices, GPS, and social media. My research addresses data and systems challenges in building practical learning applications over temporal and multi-dimensional data.
- Diverse Relevance Feedback for Time Series with Autoencoder Based Summarizations, IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Eng. 2018.
- Spatio-Temporal Linkage over Location-Enhanced Services, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing 2018.
- VISIR: Visual and Semantic Image Label Refinement, ACM WSDM 2018.
- Learning to Un-rank: Quantifying Search Exposure for Users in Online Communities, ACM CIKM 2017.
- Privacy-Preserving Aggregate Queries for Optimal Location Selection, IEEE Trans. on Dependable and Secure Computing 2017.
- Predicting Optimal Facility Location Without Customer Locations, ACM KDD 2017.
- Understanding and Predicting Trends in Urban Freight Transport, IEEE Mobile Data Management 2017.
- Topic-Based Influence Computation in Social Networks under Resource Constraints, IEEE Trans. on Services Computing 2017.
- Distributed Block Formation and Layout for Disk-based Management of Large-Scale Graphs, Distributed and Parallel Databases 2017.
- ALACA: A Platform for Dynamic Alarm Collection and Alert Notification in Network Management Systems, Network Management 2017.
- Location Recommendations for New Businesses using Check-in Data, IEEE SSTDM 2016.
- Generating Time-Varying Road Network Data Using Sparse Trajectories, IEEE SSTDM 2016.
- S3-TM: Scalable Streaming Short Text Matching, VLDB J. 2015 (presented at VLDB 2016).
- LineKing: Coffee Shop Wait-Time Monitoring Using Smartphones, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing 2015.
- Aggregate Profile Clustering for Streaming Analytics, Computer J. 2015.
- Scaling Forecasting Algorithms using Clustered Modeling, VLDB J. 2015 (presented at VLDB 2014).
- Div-BLAST: Diversification of Sequence Search Results, PLOS ONE 2014. try online
- Temporal Workload-Aware Replicated Partitioning for Social Networks, IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering 2014.
- Diversity based Relevance Feedback for Time Series Search, VLDB 2014.
- DOE Career Award 2003, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Large Interdisciplinary Research Award, OSU, 2004
- NSF Career Award 2006, U.S. National Science Foundation
- Lumley Research Accomplishment Award, OSU, 2007
- IBM Faculty Award, 2010
- Career Award (GEBIP), Turkish Academy of Sciences, 2012
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, George Forster Award, Germany, 2016
VLDB 2018, SIGMOD 2018, VLDB 2017, SIGIR 2017, CIKM 2017, SIGIR 2016, SIGMOD 2016, VLDB 2016, ECML/PKDD 2015, ECML/PKDD 2014, VLDB 2014, VLDB 2013, VLDB 2012 (Co-Chair, Workshops Program), VLDB 2012 (PC), SIGMOD 2011, SIGMOD 2010, ICDE 2011, ICDM 2011, ICDM 2010, ACM SIGIHI 2010, ACM SIGSPATIAL 2010, SIGMOD 2010.