I lead the following modules:
- Project Management for Computer Scientists (CS352)Link opens in a new window for third year undergraduates, which features a combination of lectures, guest speakers and practical teamwork-based activities, to develop transferrable skills of planning, management and leadership.
- Management and Business Organisation (CS1D7)Link opens in a new window on the Degree Apprenticeship (DA) programme, an online module covering topics ranging from organisation theory to strategic management.
- Business Strategy (CS3D3)Link opens in a new window on the Degree Apprenticeship (DA) programme, an online module covering topics in business strategy ranging from competition and resource analysis, to game theory and strategies for sustainability.
My modules draw on my experiences as a software developer, entrepreneur and computer scientist, and aim to provide an authentic learning experience through practical team-based activities. I strongly promote the use of peer assessment, as an essential tool in developing critical transferrable skills.
My project suggestions can be found below:
Welfare and Communication
As a champion of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, I chair the department's Welfare and Communication Committee (intranet websiteLink opens in a new window) and I lead the department's Athena SWAN programme. We have committed to a comprehensive Action Plan focused on promoting gender equality and diversity within in the department.
I am also a Green Champion for the department, supporting initiatives to tackle climate change.
Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Computer Science at University of Cambridge
- PhD in Computational Neuroscience at University of Edinburgh - explored the phenomenon of multisensory integration in the context of developing a robotic prosthesis for amputees.
- Algorithmic Trading - in the Quantitative Trading Group for a hedge fund, combining financial research and software development
- Entrepreneur - launched various web-based and mobile-app-based startups.
- Resources for Personal Tutees
- Resources for Third Year Project Supervisees
- Resources for Fourth Year Project Supervisees