INTRODUCTION & RESEARCH INTERESTS
I got my PhD degree on March. 2015, under the supervision of Prof. Chang-Tsun Li in the Digital Forensics Lab, Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick. My research interests are biometrics, multimedia forensics, pattern recognition, computer vision, machine learning deep learning, etc.
HUMAN GAIT RECOGNITION
My PhD research topic is human gait recognition from videos. The most significant advantage for gait recognition is that it can be applied at a large distance without the cooperation from subjects. However, covariate factors can affect the recognition performance, e.g., walking surface, shoe, carrying condition, camera viewpoint, elapsed time, clothing, video frame-rate, speed, segmentation quality, and so on. It is a challenging classification task due to large intra-class variations, can you tell the 7 figures below are actually from the same person?
My task is to design effective gait recognition algorithms against various covariate factors. Up to now, we have designed a classifier ensemble framework that is robust to a large number of covariate factors like shoe, (small changes in) viewpoint, carrying condition, clothing, low video frame-rate, speed, etc. Our gait recognition technology was reported by BBC News!
- Y. Guan, C.-T. Li, and F. Roli "On Reducing the Effect of Covariate Factors in Gait Recognition: a Classifier Ensemble Method" IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI) vol. 37, issue 7, pp 1521 - 1528, July, 2015. Paper Supplemental Material
A Full List of My Publications can be found HERE.
- Associate Editor: International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics (IJDCF)
- TPC: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, 2014 (ICME'14)
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (T-IFS), IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CSVT), Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL), Image and Vision Computing (IVC), IEEE Signal Processing Letters (SPL), IET Biometrics, etc.
RESEARCH RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Visiting Researcher, to the National Lab of Pattern Recognition (NLPR), Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China (April 2014 - May 2014). Funded by: the Royal Society
- Visiting Researcher, to the Computer Vision Lab , University of Sassari, Italy (Apr. 2013 - June 2013). Funded by: EU COST Action IC1106 on Short Term Scientific Mission
- Visiting Researcher, to the Pattern Recognition and Applications Group, University of Cagliari, Italy (Mar. 2013 - Apr. 2013, Dec. 2013). Funded by: the Royal Society
- Co-PI, in the project "Smart Surveillance System: Multimodal Biometrics for Security and Law Enforcement" (Jan. 2013 - Mar. 2013). Funded by: EPSRC
- EU Marie Curie Fellow, in the project of Digital Image and Video Forensics (DIVeFor). (Oct. 2012 - Jan. 2013). Funded by: European Commission, FP7.
Address: Digital Forensics Lab (CS227), Department Of Computer Science,University Of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry, UK.
Post code: CV4 7AL
Phone: +44 024 7657 3793