Share Echo360 content
This guide explains how to make your Echo360 recordings, whether Lecture Capture or Universal Capture (Personal), available to students.
Once your Lecture Capture recording is finished, it is stored on the Echo360 server under the module or course it relates to. Universal Capture recordings you make on your own computer are also published to the Echo360 server either under the associated module/space or in your private Library.
There are several methods to share Echo360 content and your choice should depend on what the recordings relate to and where you want to share them.
Sharing Echo360 recordings via Moodle (for modules and ad hoc spaces)
Echo360 Lecture Capture and Universal Capture recordings made for specific modules can be shared to Moodle in three ways:
- via the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block in the respective Moodle space which will link to all recordings for the space it sits in.
- using the External tool resource to link to an individual recording which can be placed in the relevant section (topic) of your Moodle space
- using the embed button to insert an Echo360 video into a content area such as a page resource, a forum or anywhere in Moodle that you can access the Atto toolbar (text editor)
All methods require the recordings to have been made for a module or an ad hoc Moodle space with an associated Echo360 section i.e. not in your personal library.
The Lecture Capture (Echo360) block
Your Moodle space may already have the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block on the right-hand side and this will link to the module’s recordings if automated lecture capture has been set up.
If you have made Universal Capture recordings for an ad hoc Moodle space, you must have a corresponding 'section' in Echo and have published the recording to it. Email email@example.com to request a section in Echo360 for your space.
If you do not have the Lecture Capture block in your space:
- Turn editing on in the Moodle space.
- Open the navigation drawer, if it is not already open, by clicking on the 'burger menu' icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Click Add a block at the bottom of the navigation drawer.
- Choose Lecture Capture (Echo360) from the list.
NB. If you do not see it in the list, it is because the block has already been added.
- The block will appear on the right-hand side of your Moodle space. It cannot be dragged to the centre.
- Click on the logo of the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block to check that it links to your module or ad hoc space in Echo360 and displays the correct recordings. If the correct module isn't already selected, choose the Section (module/space) from the drop-down list.
- Ensure Link to the Section Home is selected.
- Click Link Content.
Echo360 External tool resource link
- Turn editing on in the Moodle space.
- Click on Add an activity or resource in the section in which you want to add the link.
- Choose External tool from the resources list and then click Add.
- In the Activity name field, enter the name of the link you want to create e.g. Recording of Lecture 3 - 01/02/2020.
- From the Pre-configured tool dropdown list, select Echo ALP Prod.
- Click Save and display.
- Choose the Section (module) from the drop-down to which you want the recording(s) to link if the correct module isn't already selected.
- Choose Link to a Classroom in Step 2.
- Choose the recording you want to share from the list of all recordings of the selected module.
- Click Link Content above the list of recordings.
- The recording will display and a direct link to it will now be on your Moodle module space.
Easy embed button
You can find instructions on how to embed an existing Echo360 video on the Echo360 support website.
Sharing recordings outside of Moodle
Any video content in Echo360 can also be shared via URL or embedded on other websites and platforms such as Sitebuilder, social media or email. These links can be completely public i.e. accessible to anyone with the link, or private and accessible only to other Warwick users by requiring them to log in to Echo360.
- Access Echo360 by clicking on an existing Lecture Capture block in a Moodle space or, if you have an Echo360 account, log in to https://echo360.org.uk. Remember that your Echo360 password is not linked to your University password.
- Follow the instructions on Generating Links to Videos from the Content Home Page.
- Add the URL or embed code to the desired website.
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)