Edit a video in eStream
You can edit a video that you have uploaded to eStream using the Edit Studio. Edited items can replace the original recording, or be saved as a new video.
- Once logged in to eStream select My Home from your profile link at the top right
- Click the search button to show all your uploaded recordings, or filter using the media type or part of the name.
- Select the video that you want to edit by clicking on the title.
- Click edit video from the detail section
This will open the edit studio where you can make various changes to the video including trimming the video timeline, adding a voice over track or text, combine videos into a new recording; or adding images/slides to the video playback.
You can take a tour of the editor or get specific guidance on using additional features via the Help button in the top right of the editor page.
The editor display
- Left panel and video screen - show media that can be added to the timeline. Additional video and audio can be included in your edit by clicking the sources tab then click load source. Content must be uploaded to eStream before being available here
- Right video panel - shows a preview of the edit
- Timeline - shows all elements of your edit. Use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out.
Trim unwanted content
Once in the video editor screen you will see the original video content in the left panal.
- Move to the point in the video where you would like the clip to start, then click the stopwatch icon found under the video panel to the left of the start timer
- Do the same for the time you want the video to end, this time click the stopwatch icon to the right of end time
- Click Add Clip - a green box indicates this content on the timeline.
- To preview the edit click play button under the right video panel.
- If you need to adjust the start and end times, select the content in the time line and click the del button, then follow the previous steps.
- Once you have finished editing click save and chose a new name for the content
- Click submit to publish the content and follow the prompts to choose the quality level
You can access previous edits via the MyHome space, accessed by hovering over the profile icon in the top right, then clicking my edits.
Text can be added over sections of video to help highlight points or transitions to new topics. Start by adding the video to the timeline using the above steps, you don't need to choose a start and end time if you want the full clip.
- On the right hand video panel move the video to where you want the text to appear.
- Click on the Add Title button.
- Enter your text and drag and drop it to where you would like it on the screen. You can adjust size, colour and font from the top of the screen.
- Click confirm to save edit.
- The text element will appear as a blue section in on the text timeline. you can extend or shorten the time this is on screen by dragging either end, move the position on time by click and dragging or return to editing by clicking the box and then clicking edit in the popup.
Adding additional video, images or audio track to the edit
All content you wish to use in your edit must first be uploaded to your eStream profile
Add video and audio
To add additional video or audio to an edit you must first upload the content to eStream
You can add this to your project by clicking the sources tab then click load source
As with audio and video images must first be uploaded the to eStream
On the right panel of the editor click Add Still to find and add the content
The information on this page relates to eStream and was last updated December 2020.
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)