Blackboard Ally for Instructors
Blackboard Ally is integrated with Moodle, helping you to improve the accessibility of your files. Ally automatically scans files you upload into Moodle and then performs these steps:
- Generates alternative formats for students to download
- Provides accessibility scores
- Gives instructor feedback on how to improve your accessibility score
Students can download alternative formats of instructor content wherever they see the download alternative formats icon. Available formats include PDF, ePub, mp3, and electronic braille. Alternative formats are completely self-service so you don't need to do anything.
You can choose to disable alternative formats for individual content items. This option can be found by clicking the download alternative formats icon.
For a full list of alternative formats, please see Ally's guidance on alternative formats for instructors.
Files uploaded to your Moodle space are scanned by Ally and assigned an accessibility score ranging from low to perfect. The higher the score, the fewer accessibility issues were found.
The following icons indicate how your file scored:
Important: Students are not able to view accessibility scores. They will only see the option to download alternative formats.
For files with a score of low, medium, and high, Ally gives details of the issues found as well as step-by-step advice on how to fix them. Simply click on the accessibility score icon to get started.
Blackboard Ally instructor feedback view.
More information on Ally for instructors is available at the Blackboard website.
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)