Moodle allows you to track students' progress via completion tracking. It can be set at activity and course level.
To enable these features:
- Go to the course Settings tab.
- Scroll down to Completion tracking.
- Ensure that Enable completion tracking is set to Yes.
- You may choose whether or not to display the completion criteria to students from the Show activity completion conditions option.
Watch the video below for a summary of completion tracking:
Activity completion allows you to set completion criteria in a specific activity's settings allowing both students and teachers to track progress via an easy-to-see checklist.
- Activities can be marked complete manually or editors can set specific completion criteria that, when met, automatically mark the activity as complete.
- Students can view the completion status of activities on the Moodle course page.
- Teachers track completion using the activity completion report. The report lists participants against activities with a checkbox to indicate the completion status.
Course completion allows you to set completion criteria for the whole Moodle course. The criteria can include completion of one or more activities; date; completion of another course and/or other requirements. When students meet the requirements, the course is marked complete. Progress towards completion can be seen in the course completion report, and the course completion status block. The report can also be downloaded as a CSV file.
Course completion status block
- For users with editing rights, the Course Completion Status block can be used to access the completion report. Click on 'View course report'.
- Students will see information specific to their personal progress: current status and the criteria required to complete the course. Clicking on 'More details' will take students to a summary screen.
Both activity completion and course completion data can be viewed as reports. See the guide Reports & logs for more information.
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)