If you relish the opportunity of using your interpersonal skills and your ability to work sympathetically and constructively with a wide range of people then social, guidance and community work is a sector worth considering seriously.
- You could be working with children, the elderly, teenagers, families, people with particular difficulties such as substance misuse or housing difficulties, and more, or your work could focus on a advising all kinds of people on a particular issue
- Challenges reported by people working in the sector include bureaucratic, financial or political changes which they do not always regard as positive. Against this is balanced the opportunity to make a real difference to an individual’s life
How do I write a CV?
This short course will take you through the basics of writing a CV.Learn
Learn how to pass interviews and assessment centers.More
This short course will teach you how to write a covering letter.Learn
- Tell me about a time when you had to use your strong communication skills in a difficult situation.
- What would you do if a client was angry with the help you had tried to give?
- What would you say were the top priorities for developing effective and sustained positive working relationships?
- When have you had to work under pressure? How did you manage your time?
- Valuing diversity- tell me about working with people who are very different from you.