Student Opportunity supports under-represented students with planning their futures in a number of ways, including access to confidential and impartial one to one appointments.
We run specific programmes of support for particular underrepresented groups, which are shown below.
Warwick Advance Internship Programme
Opportunities for Widening Participation students to develop yourselves personally and professionally.WAIP
Online international experience programme taking place in June - July 2024. Priority places for Widening Participation students. Applications open in January.TEAMWORK PROGRAMME
How do we define underrepresented groups?
Data shows gaps in equality of opportunity in relation to access, success or progression for the following groups of students:
- Students from areas of low higher education participation, low household income or low socioeconomic status
- Some Black, Asian and minority ethnic students
- Mature students
- Disabled students
- Care leavers
- People estranged from their families
- People from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- Children from military families