Download the Careers Fair Plus App
Use the Careers Fair App to find out which employers are attending the programme of Careers Fairs, what they are offering and who they are keen to speak to.
The Careers Fair Plus App allows you to
- Get hints, tips, and employer details in advance, to help you prepare for the fair
- Vilter and search for opportunities, by year group, degree subject, sector or business area of interest
- View an interactive floor plan.
- Book one to one video meetings with employers
- Access drop in rooms with employers for informal discussions
Personalise your Careers Fair experience
The app allows every student to research the employers at a Fair before the event and to generate a shortlist of organisations to talk to, to make the most of the time on the day, prepare some good questions and lessen the risk of wasting time with employers who are less likely to be of interest and/or relevance.
It also puts the emphasis on roles of interest, to help you find great opportunities which could offer a fulfilling career option, but which might otherwise be overlooked.
To download the app
- Go to the App store, or Google Play, as appropriate for your device
- Search ‘Career Fair Plus’ and select the Careers Fair Plus logo; it’s a free download
- Many Universities use the app - scroll down the list or search for University of Warwick
- You can also use the app in your web browser
Using the app
- Each Fair is added to the app in the week leading up to the event
- To get the most from the app, explore it before the fair so you're prepared
- Before the next events are published, last year’s are still there as they remain visible so that students can follow up afterwards
- Click on ‘Employers’ at the foot of the screen for a complete list. Click on ‘Filters’ in the top right of the screen to narrow these down by any of your criteria:
- Your degree: we recommend leaving this open as most employers welcome interest from those from every degree subject.
- Year group/level of study
- Area of business: this is where you specify the job roles and sectors of interest to you
- Whether the company sponsors/recruits international students
- Opportunities offered – placements, internships, graduate roles etc.
- Click ’Apply’ to see a list of the employers who match you, based on the information they provided. This is your personal shortlist of employers for this event.
Booking Employer meetings and accessing Drop in rooms
- Click on each employer from your list, read their details screen and follow the links to access the schedule of employer meetings and book a face to face discussion
- You will also be able to view drop in rooms available