Career Planning Statements
Which statement best fits you? Use these answers to help start planning your career.
Don't leave it too late! It's much easier to develop the skills employers require during your degree than after graduation.
Gaining experience not only makes you a stronger candidate when applying for jobs, but it will increase your self-awarenessand will help you to explore what you like or dislike about work.
- Explore our get experience pages to find experience that can inform your long-term career thinking and develop your CV
- You may find it helpful to complete our Self Awareness Moodle before booking an appointment
- If you are not ready to think about your career because you don't know where to begin, you may wish to book an appointment to speak to a member of the Careers team.
- Take a look through the Warwick Enterprise pages to explore the workshops they offer and the skills they can help you to develop.
If you are ready to start thinking about your career options then you may want to consider the following:
- Increasing self-awareness will influence your career choice
- A career profile questionnaire may help you to reflect on career choices possible - try the Prospects Career Planner
- Register for the Warwick alumni e-mentoring scheme to make connections with alumni who may be able to help you to plan your career
- Look at our researching employers and job sector pages to understand more about requirements, labour market information and sector trends.
- Speak to experts in your chosen field – discover opportunities to meet employers and alumni via myAdvantage (login required)
- Book an appointment with a member of the Careers team
- Explore some ideas with Warwick Enterprise to see if they can help you shape a business, project, or other activity. You can even get funding to help you test ideas and create prototypes.
If you are ready to apply for opportunities you may want to consider the following:
- Look for vacancies or placements on myAdvantage (login required)
- Read our help and advice on searching jobs
- Explore our application resources
- Attend a CV or applications workshop - find and book via myAdvantage (login required)
- Develop your interview skills using our interview guidance
- Book an appointment or attend a drop in with a member of the Careers team
- Book a 1-2-1 appointment with one of the Warwick Enterprise team to shape your business idea.
Congratulations, and good luck. Remember you can access careers support after you graduate if you need our help.
- Would you like to inspire and motivate other Warwick students? Register to become an e-mentor
- Register with warwickgrad.net and connect with other alumni who could help you to develop your career
- Contact the Warwick Enterprise team to explore our graduate support including access to mentoring and funding to help you develop your business idea.