Many jobs are never advertised as recruitment and selection is both expensive and time consuming. Networking should play a role in your job search strategy.
Networking can help you:
- seek out ‘hidden’ opportunities
- find out more about different careers and test your suitability
- raise your profile – develop a professional identify.
Build your network through:
- Start close to home: networking tips for beginners
- e-mentoring - connect with Warwick Alumni to help you get industry or career information
- Student societies – get involved through the social and networking events run throughout the year
- Careers fairs and employer events – speak to people working in the profession, gather useful tips for your job search and application strategy
- Professional bodies – use our job sector pages for links to the organisation’s websites
- Careers Blog: Networking? How to succeed