Our helpdesk opening times during the Summer Term are 9.00am -2.00pm, Mondays to Fridays in Oculus on the first floor.
If you have any careers based queries or want help booking appointments or events, come along and talk to our staff, phone 02476 524748 or email us at email@example.com
Job Search Advice drop-in will also take place in Oculus between 10.00 – 12.00 and 12.00 – 2.00, Mondays to Fridays.
Please note that Student Careers and Skills will be closed on Monday 6th and Monday 27th May 2019 for the Bank Holidays.
Our job search advisers can help with CVs, applications, searching for jobs, interviews and work experience.
Meet with a careers consultant for an in depth discussion to help you with career planning and career choices.
Book a careers guidance appointment if you would like our experts to help you with an upcoming interview.
We have staff who work with specific departments, find out who is best for you to speak to.
The WBS CareersPlus team can help with CVs, applications, mock interviews, career guidance and any other queries.
Our experienced staff support students and graduates with:
- Building confidence and self-awareness
- Developing the skills graduate recruiters look for
- Advice and guidance on career options
- Preparing and applying for jobs, further study and work experience
In Oculus (during term time)
Short drop-ins for CV and application reviews and quick career enquiries
Careers workshops, bookable through myAdvantage
University House Learning Grid 1
- 30 minute careers guidance appointments- bookable through myAdvantage
- 20 minute bookable appointments for CV and application reviews and quick career enquiries
- If you are a WBS student, please access services provided by WBS Careers Plus
- We provide careers resources and online learning through our website and Moodle courses
- Events, workshops and appointments are all bookable through myAdvantage our online portal
- Our Careers Blog
- E-guidance and Skype for graduates and current students unable to meet us on campus during vacation periods and for part time students during term time
In Academic Departments
- Appointments ring-fenced for students within Departments – bookable through myAdvantage
- Workshops and careers activities tailored to specific student needs
- Access to appropriately qualified, trained and experienced staff, with a range of commercial, industrial, academic and professional experience
- Our service is impartial- we work with you to explore possible career ideas and support you to achieve your personal vision of career success
- Take responsibility for planning and managing your own career. You do not need a career idea in order to see a member of the careers team; we can help you to get started on your career planning by exploring with you your hopes, values, strengths and motivations
- Honour any commitments that you have made with us; turn up on time for the start of events or workshops you have signed up to. Failure to attend two events or appointments will result in temporary withdrawal of bookable services for 4 weeks
- Have a realistic view of what we can discuss with you during the time available (20 or 30 minutes) and attend appointments on time. If you arrive late then your appointment will be shortened accordingly
- If you want to discuss your CV or an application please bring a copy to your appointment
- Give feedback on our services when requested about your experience of the service so we can evaluate and improve our services to you
- Respond to requests for information on what you are doing after graduation
- If you think we are doing something well, please let us know
- Proof read or spellcheck your applications or CVs
- Offer unlimited appointments. Autumn term in particular is very busy and it is unlikely that we will be able to offer you multiple appointments. Our aim is to support as many students as we can. However you may attend as many workshops as you require, should there be space available.