COVID 19 and support for Warwick Graduates
In these unprecedented times of uncertainty and volatility in the labour market, we would like to reassure you that we remain available to support you as you begin your transition into the work, further study or other opportunities. If you do not as yet have a job or further study offer confirmed we can offer help in a number of ways.
Festival of Careeers
The Festival of Careers is a programme of online events created to connect you with employers and help you develop your skills and think about your future. The autumn season of the Festival runs from the 1st of October to the 13th November, with a packed 7-week schedule of virtual careers fairs, webinars, workshops and interactive sessions.
Careers questions you might have during this time
Job vacancies and internships on myAdvantage
Guidance on applications and interviews
COVID 19-related blog posts to inform and provide support
Blog: Why the coronavirus lockdown is a good time to update your skills online
Discounted Further Study for 200 Warwick graduates
Guidance on Postgraduate study
Available for up to 12 months post-graduation
Webinars with advice on securing work or further study during a pandemic.WEBINAR RECORDINGS
We offer virtual appointments to graduates up to 2 years post-graduation.
Please note that autumn term is very busy. It may be easier to book before the end of September.
Before booking please ensure you’ve read the details below under the heading "before you request an appointment".BOOK
To continue to access vacancies and to book appointments you’ll need to go to myAdvantage, Choose ‘log in as a graduate’ and use the ‘Reset your password’ link. Enter your username and an up to date email address.
Warwick graduates may attend our virtual and on-campus Careers Fairs, webinars and can continue to access most online careers resources.
Our expertise is with current students and recent graduates and our labour market and professional knowledge reflects this. We are able to offer 40 minute, tailored appointments to graduates up to 2 years post-graduation.
Please note: we do not proof read or spellcheck applications or CVs or provide executive career coaching.
In order to establish how we can best support you, please e mail with details of your particular needs at email@example.com or call us on 02476 524748
- Take a look at our online careers resources where you’ll find plenty of advice and pointers on how to improve your CV, make effective applications, succeed in interview and at assessment centres, sector-specific careers information
- If you are a recent graduate and don’t know what you want to do, a good place to start is our Careers Self-Awareness Moodle. This is available to you for 12 months after you graduate
- View the posts on Warwick's Careers Blog that are relevant to your situation and needs
- See the many graduate jobs listed on myAdvantage placed by recruiters specifically seeking to recruit Warwick graduates
- Consider attending our virtual careers fairs during the autumn term. Dates and event booking details will be available in September through myAdvantage. Fairs will take place during October
- If you are a WBS graduate please access services provided by Careers Plus
- We will respond to your request as soon as possible. In peak times, especially during the autumn term, we aim to respond within 10 working days
To take responsibility for planning and managing your own career
Honour any commitments that you have made with us such as an phone/skype or face to face appointment
Have a realistic view of what we can discuss with you during the time available (40 minutes) and undertake any preparation suggested beforehand in order to get the most from your appointment
About 15 months after you finish your course you will be invited to respond to the Graduate Outcomes survey. This national survey collects information on the activities and perspectives of graduates.
The anonymous results can be invaluable in helping future students consider potential career options, through resources including unistats.ac.uk. All universities are required to support the survey, which is owned by the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
You will receive an email from TheUniversityofWarwick@graduateoutcomes.ac.uk and may also be called by IFF Research.
Your contact details will be used for the purposes of the survey on the grounds of public interest under the General Data Protection Regulation, as explained in HESA’s student collection notice.