What do you have to offer?
Assessing your skills will help you to get to know your strengths and work on your weaknesses, which will help you to explore your options
- Make a skills inventory, list all of your experiences and skills, then ask a friend or family member to think of any skills you've missed off
- Use the skills word table to help you to articulate your skills for applications
- Get help discovering your strengths by attending a Careers strengths workshop
- Try the Jobmi strengths profile
When applying for jobs, recruiters are looking for a range of skills to enable them to select who they want to interview. Use these tools to help identify and articulate your skills with relevant examples.
- CARE (Context, Action, Result, Evaluation) - use this to build up your examples
- Critical Incident Analysis - provides you with a structure to capture your experience in depth
- Employability Skills Development Profile(download) - a personal development tool to help you to identify your skills and possible areas for development