Warwick Doctoral Access Scholarships - Sanctuary
About the Scholarship
We are located on the outskirts of the city of Coventry which is recognised as a 'City of Sanctuary'. The 'City of Sanctuary' movement is committed to building a culture of hospitality and welcome, especially for those seeking sanctuary from war and persecution.
We provide a range of scholarships to enable refugees to progress to access university education. Since the launch of the scheme we have awarded 30 scholarships to postgraduate students.
There are a limited numbers and not all applications will be successful.
- Length of funding: 4 years (pro rata for part time)
- The full payment of academic fees
- Research Training and Support Grant of £5,000 (one-off)
- A maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates
- Be of any nationality and hold one of the following statuses as granted by the UK government and/or be supported by the Council for At-Risk Academics (CARA):
- Refugee Status
- Asylum Seeker
- Definite Leave to Remain as a result of an asylum seeker application
- Limited Leave to Remain as a result of an asylum seeker application
- Humanitarian protection as a result of an asylum seeker application
- Included as a dependent (spouse/child) on an application for asylum. Spouses/civil partners must have been the spouse/civil partner on the date on which the asylum application was made. Children/step-children must have been aged under 18 on the date on which the asylum application was made.
- Have applied to study a full-time or part-time Postgraduate Research course at the University. There is often flexibility to negotiate your start date.
Course Application Deadline - 22 February 2024 (23:59 GMT)
Scholarship Application Deadline - 26 February 2024 (23:59 GMT)
Supporting Document Deadline - 4 March 2024 (23:59 GMT)
How to Apply
We strongly advise preparing applications well in advance, noting that it is not usually possible to complete and submit an application in less than 36 hours.
- Read the PGR Ranking Criteria and Applicant Guidance Notes.
- Submit your course application and upload supporting documents.
- Receive an automated e-mail with a 7 digit applicant ID number. Please allow at least 48 hours for this to arrive.
- Register your ITS applicant account.
- Submit your scholarship application by the application deadline. We regret being unable to accept late applications for any reason.
- Submit supporting documents by the supporting document deadline. We regret being unable to accept late supporting documents for any reason.
- Results of the Doctoral Access Scholarships (Sanctuary) will be communicated by email by 10 April 2024.