Echo360 provides a basic video editing function, allowing you to make cuts and trims to video content directly through the web browser. You may want to use the editor to do the following:
- Trim the start and end of a scheduled recording
- Cut confidential or copyrighted information from a recording
- Use a section of a lecture to share as a separate video
- Share a short section of a recording for your students to review
This process is the same whether your recording was made using Lecture Capture or Universal Capture (Personal).
Editing an Echo360 recording will not overwrite the original, so you can revert to the original recording if needed.
It's important to note, any changes you apply to a video will also appear in ALL published (or shared) versions of the video. To create a copy of the video instead and publish it to your Library, you can Save As after making the edit.
In order to access the editor to edit a video, you will first need access to the recording in Echo360.
Recordings published to a module
Recordings made via the automated Lecture Capture service will automatically be published to a Moodle module space. Recordings made via Universal Capture (Personal) can be published to a Moodle module space.
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to the module space where the recording has been published.
- Click on the Lecture Capture block.
- The module recordings will be displayed. Click on the Media Icon Menu button for the video you wish to edit and select Edit video.
- You are now ready to edit the video in Echo360. Follow Echo360s step-by-step guide to Editing Videos using the editor.
A PDF guide to editing videos can also be downloaded.
Recordings published to your Library
Universal Capture (Personal) allows you to publish your recordings to a module or to a personal folder called Library. If you have published your recording to your Library, you will need to log in to Echo360 directly to access it.
- Go to Echo360.org.uk.
- Enter your full University email address i.e. email@example.com and click Submit.
- If this is the first time you've logged in to Echo360 directly, you will be sent a password reset email. Set up a password for Echo360. Do not use the same password as you use to log in to University systems.
- Enter your Echo360 password.
- You will see all of the courses on which you are an instructor.
- To view content published to your Library, click on My Content in the left-hand menu.
- You can search for, filter and reorder your recordings.
- To edit the recording either
- Hover over the video image and click on the horizontal ellipsis menu (three white horizontal dots on a blue background) and select Edit Media.
- Click on the video and click Edit Media below the player window.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle