Individuals can use plans to organise and record learning and development over time.
Use tasks within plans to set smaller goals towards a larger outcome, keep track of progress with personal learning activities or workshops to be attended. Build a personal development plan to both capture and demonstrate forward planning by focussing on targets, barriers to success, and to help identify where further support is needed.
Set tasks for a cohort or group
Plans and tasks can be added to templates and shared with groups or individuals. This allows a group of students on the same module (for example) to have a common set of tasks allocated to them.
Students CANNOT edit tasks or plans that are shared with them.
Create and manage plans and tasks
Create a new plan
- Click on the main menu icon, expand the Create section, and select Plans
- Click on the New plan icon
- Give your plan a title and description
- Click Save plan
Add tasks to the plan
- Click on New task button after you saved your plan; or click Manage task button or the title of the plan to add new tasks
- Enter a Title for your plan
- Set a Completion date for the task
- Add a Description of the task - ensure that this has enough detail, you can add text, images, links etc to this section.
- Click on the Save task button to finish editing
Edit tasks in a plan
- Click on the Manage task button or the title of the plan to start editing the tasks
- Click on the pencil Edit icon next to the task you want to change
- Make the change or mark the task as complete
- Click the Save task button and your changes are recorded
Delete a task in a plan
1. Click on the Manage task button or the title of the plan to start editing the tasks
2. Click on the Delete icon next to the task you would like to delete.
Add plans to a page
- Turn on editing on a page using the pencil edit icon at the top right.
- Click and drag the drag to add a block icon from the top right-hand side of the page to the appropriate location on the page. Existing blocks will move to make space.
- A window will fly in from the right. Click on More, and click on the Plan block in the list.
- Check the box next to the plan (you may only have one) that you want to add.
- Set the (maximum) number of tasks that should be visible on the page.
- Click Save and the file(s) you have chosen will appear on the page as a list.
Once the plan has been added to the page, you can remove individual tasks from the list.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 20.04 and was last updated August 2020.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system