Individuals can use plans to organise and record learning and development over time.
Use tasks within plans to set smaller goals towards a larger outcome, keep track of progress with personal learning activities or workshops to be attended. Build a personal development plan to both capture and demonstrate forward planning by focussing on targets, barriers to success, and to help identify where further support is needed.
Set tasks for a cohort or group
Plans and tasks can be added to templates and shared with groups or individuals. This allows a group of students on the same module (for example) to have a common set of tasks allocated to them. Students CANNOT edit tasks or plans that are shared with them - this functionality will be available in Mahara v19.10 and later.
Create and manage plans and tasks
Create a new plan
- Click on the main menu icon, expand the Create section, and select Plans
- Click on the New plan icon
- Give your plan a title and description
- Click Save plan
Add tasks to the plan
- Click on New task button after you saved your plan; or click Manage task button or the title of the plan to add new tasks
- Enter a Title for your plan
- Set a Completion date for the task
- Add a Description of the task - ensure that this has enough detail, you can add text, images, links etc to this section.
- Click on the Save task button to finish editing
Edit tasks in a plan
- Click on the Manage task button or the title of the plan to start editing the tasks
- Click on the pencil Edit icon next to the task you want to change
- Make the change or mark the task as complete
- Click the Save task button and your changes are recorded
Delete a task in a plan
1. Click on the Manage task button or the title of the plan to start editing the tasks
2. Click on the Delete icon next to the task you would like to delete.
Add plans to a page
- Select the General section of the block menu to add plans with a number of tasks to any page
- Drag and drop Plans onto one of the grey content containers.
- A window will fly-in from the right where you can, optionally, click the change block title button to change the block title (it will use the Plan title by default).
- Check the box next to the plan (you may only have one) that you want to add.
- Set the (maximum) number of tasks that should be visible on the page.
- Click Save and the file(s) you have chosen will appear on the page as a list.
Once the plan has been added to the page, you can remove individual tasks from the list.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 19.04 and was last updated May 2020.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system