It is important to define the context of assessments in the learning process. There are many styles
of online assessments and QMP offers four types of assessment to choose from when you create an assessment: quiz, test, exam, or survey.
- Quiz is a low-stakes formative assessment used to measure a student's knowledge or skills for the purpose of providing feedback to the student about their current level of knowledge or skills. Feedback is usually provided for a quiz.
- Test can have low to medium stakes. It is often an unmonitored assessment to measure a student's knowledge or skills for the purpose of informing the students or their teacher of their current level of knowledge or skill.
- Exam can have medium to high stakes. As a rule, exam is a monitored summative assessment used to measure a student's knowledge or skills for the purpose of documenting their current level of knowledge or skill.
- Survey is a low-stakes diagnostic or reaction assessment to measure the knowledge, skills, and/or attitudes of a someone for the purpose of determining needs required to fulfill a defined purpose.
The table below includes details about what functionality can be applied to each assessment type:
|Assessment type||Record answers||Provide feedback||Open access||Time limit||Use Questionmark Secure||Anonymous results|
The assessment type can be set at initial assessment creation only and cannot be changed afterwards. However the settings (link to 'assessment settings' here) can be changed any time as required.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle