Explore our Accounting and Finance taught Master's degree.
On our Accounting and Finance MSc you will explore current theories and cutting-edge techniques. Warwick Business School, ranked 6th most targeted University by top employers (The Graduate Market in 2022 Report), offers you specialist guidance as you explore how accounting and reporting decisions affect markets and companies.
Enhance and develop your background in accounting, while exploring theories and cutting-edge techniques in finance on our MSc Accounting and Finance course.
Study accounting in its wider social context and examine how accounting and reporting decisions affect markets and companies. The course is designed to give you all the accounting and finance tools needed to step into a wide range of financial and accounting careers in an international environment.
Following this course, you can apply to the QTEM Masters Network Program and spend up to an additional 12 months studying at one or two International Academic Partners, completing an internship, and taking part in a global Data Challenge with fellow QTEM students.
Skills from this degree
- Develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become a successful accounting or finance professional
- Develop your industry acumen by accessing our CareersPlus service with specialist careers coaches
- Become a specialist via your elective modules
General entry requirements
First Class Honours degree or a high 2:i undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related subject.
English language requirements
You can find out more about our English language requirements. This course requires the following:
- Band B
- IELTS overall score of 7.0, minimum component scores of two at 6.0/6.5 and the rest at 7.0 or above.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information, please visit the international entry requirements page.
There are no additional entry requirements for this course.
- Financial Markets
- Corporate Financial Management
- Financial Reporting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Management Accounting and Control
- Financial Accounting: Theory and Context
- Research Methods in Accounting
Optional modules can vary from year to year. Example optional modules may include:
Optional modules can vary from year to year. Example optional modules may include:
- Derivate Securities
- Corporate Governance and Financial Reporting
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Financial Risk Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Control
- Auditing and Assurance
You will study six compulsory modules and two optional modules of your choice, one of which must be from Accounting. Finance modules are taken from our very successful MSc in Finance – one of the UK’s top finance courses, as ranked by the Financial Times’ Masters in Finance Pre-experience Ranking 2022.
The class size for this course is around 60 students.
Typical contact hours
Students on this MSc will typically receive between 26 and 30 contact hours per module in the form of lecture, seminars, and lab sessions.
Assessment is a mix of exams and coursework with your 12,000 word dissertation bringing all your learning together at the end.
A 12,000 word dissertation gives you the opportunity to develop, test, practice and apply the techniques and theories you have gained through your studies. You will be supervised and supported throughout by one of our academic staff or teaching associates and will usually submit your dissertation in early September.
Most departments have reading lists available through Warwick Library. If you would like to view reading lists for the current cohort of students you can visit our Warwick Library web pageLink opens in a new window.
Your personalised timetable will be complete when you are registered for all modules, compulsory and optional, and you have been allocated to your lectures, seminars and other small group classes. Your compulsory modules will be registered for you and you will be able to choose your optional modules when you join us.
There may be events taking place in the evenings. Classes may run up to 7pm and other events, such as careers presentations may take place later or on weekends. Occasionally, classes and exams may be held on weekends. We will notify you in advance if this is the case.
This is a full-time course, so there are no holidays as such. However, the two weeks covering Christmas and New Year are guaranteed to be free from lectures. There may also be weeks free over the Easter period (check with your programme team). Resit exams may take place outside of standard teaching periods.
Graduates from these courses have gone on to work for employers including:
- BAE Systems
- BNP Paribas
- European Central Bank
- Morgan Stanley
They have pursued roles such as:
- Management Consultants
- Business and financial project management professionals
- Chief executives and senior officials
- Economists, estimators, valuers and assessors
- Finance and investment analysts and advisers
- Investment/merchant bankers
- Taxation experts
Helping you find the right career
We have our own dedicated careers team at Warwick Business School called WBS CareersPlus. You will have access to one-to-one career guidance appointments, CV checks and tailored mock interviews.
The WBS CareersPlus team will support you and help you to understand yourself and your strengths. They can help you to identify possible career paths, and to set and achieve your career ambitions. This helps to boost your employability and helps you prepare for your career.
You can take advantage of personalised careers coaching and advice. Our one to one careers appointments can help you if you have a question about writing applications, wish to explore your career options, or need to prepare for interviews and assessment centres.
Warwick Business School
If you’re interested in the bigger picture, comfortable challenging assumptions and want a degree that will open doors, then WBS is the place for you. We will give you the foundation for change and prepare you for your future career. Are you ready to make your mark in the world of business?
The vision of WBS is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. We recognise that rankings are one way to profile our progress towards fulfilling this vision, and are proud to participate in the major global business education rankings.
QS Business Master's Rankings 2022
- Master's in Business Analytics – 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
- Master's in Marketing – 7th in the world, 2nd in the UK
- Master's in Management – 19th in the world, 4th in the UK
- Master's in Finance – 20th in the world, 6th in the UK
Financial Times Master's in Management Ranking 2021
- 15th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times Master's in Finance Ranking 2022
- 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times’ Online MBA ranking 2022
- 1st in the world for our Distance Learning MBA
Economist/Which? MBA 2022
- 1st in the UK for our Full-time MBA
Our Postgraduate Taught courses
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Business and Finance (MSc)
- Business with Consulting (MSc)
- Business with Marketing (MSc)
- Business with Operations Management (MSc)
- Finance (MSc)
- Finance and Economics (MSc)
- Global Central Banking and Financial Regulation (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Management (MSc)
- Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MSc)
- Marketing and Strategy (MSc)
- Mathematical Finance (MSc)
- Business Administration (Distance Learning) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Executive) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Full-time) (MBA)
- Behavioural Science (PGDip)
- Digital Leadership (PGDip)
- Marketing Leadership (PGDip)
- Organisational Change (PGDip)
- Strategic Leadership (PGDip)
- Strategy and Innovation (PGDip)
Our Postgraduate Research courses
Tuition fees are payable for each year of your course at the start of the academic year, or at the start of your course, if later. Academic fees cover the cost of tuition, examinations and registration and some student amenities.
Fee Status Guidance
The University carries out an initial fee status assessment based on information provided in the application and according to the guidance published by UKCISA. Students are classified as either Home or Overseas Fee status and this can determine the tuition fee and eligibility of certain scholarships and financial support.
If you receive an offer, your fee status will be stated with the tuition fee information, however we are awaiting guidance from the UK government regarding fee status for EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members living in the UK for academic year 2021/22 onwards. We are not able to confirm the fee status for these students until the relevant eligibility criteria have been confirmed. Once we have received further information from the UK government, we will provide you with an update on your fee status and let you know if any additional information is required. If you believe your fee status has been incorrectly classified you can complete a fee status assessment questionnaire (follow the instructions in your offer) and provide the required documentation for this to be reassessed.
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides guidance to UK universities on fees status criteria, you can find the latest guidance on the impact of Brexit on fees and student support on the UKCISA website.
Additional course costs
As well as tuition fees and living expenses, some courses may require you to cover the cost of field trips or costs associated with travel abroad. Information about department specific costs should be considered in conjunction with the more general costs below, such as:
- Core text books
- Printer credits
- Dissertation binding
- Robe hire for your degree ceremony
Scholarships and bursaries
Find out how to apply to us, ask your questions, and find out more.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for taught postgraduate courses at Warwick.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for research postgraduate degrees at the University of Warwick.