Diploma in Behavioural Science (2022 Entry)
About this taught graduate course
The course will explore behavioural science insights into consumer and market behaviour, leadership and negotiation, effective team management and organisational culture, and the most effective ways to implement behavioural insights in the real world. The course is ideal if you have leadership experience, but want to develop a deeper understanding of behavioural science and how to effectively implement it to your work.
Based at WBS London, The Shard, and studied over four, four-day modules, the Warwick Executive Diplomas are designed to deliver the maximum organisational impact without you having to leave work for extended periods.
General entry requirements
Participants who will gain most from the programme may be facing strategic challenges within their organisation which need outside inputs and new thinking, and/or who wish to address areas within their own development to help them get to the next level of performance. Applications are encouraged from a wide cross-section of industry sectors, both commercial and non-profit/public sector, and business functions.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who can demonstrate that their experience and responsibilities will allow them to take an active part in discussions and benefit fully from the programme.
Successful applicants are expected to have at least 5 years of management experience that reflects the contribution and impact they have made as a leader in their career so far. Final admission decisions will be made by the Programme Director and Admissions Committee.
English language requirements
You can find out more about our English language requirementsLink opens in a new window. This course requires the following:
- Band B
- IELTS overall score of 7.0, minimum component scores of two at 6.0/6.5 and the rest at 7.0 or above.
All of our courses are delivered in English so, if English is not your first language, you have not graduated from an English speaking university or worked in an English speaking environment for at least two years you must demonstrate a minimum overall standard in the following recognised tests of English. The certificate will be required as evidence.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information, please visit the international entry requirements pageLink opens in a new window.
There are no additional entry requirements for this course.
- Behavioural Science for Organisations and Innovation
- Behavioural Science for Ethical Leaders and Negotiators
- Behavioural Science in Consumers and Markets
- Behavioural Science in the Real World
Read the module descriptions for this course on the Warwick Business School website.Link opens in a new window
- Peer networks and debate: Questioning, discussion and debate with a support network of peers as well as truly interactive relationships with teaching faculty
- Bespoke distance learning platform: Inter-modular support from the my.wbs platform, which is used to deliver our Distance learning MBA
- Guest speakers and practitioners: relevant and relate-able speakers from industry and practice will feature within each individual module
- Personal development and action learning: Utilising reflective practice, psychometric tools and analysis as well as learning through doing
The final component of your Executive Diploma is the individual project. The project is completed and submitted after the four core modules, though you will begin developing ideas for your project from the outset, as it is intended to be an integrating focus for your learning across the whole Diploma.
This Diploma cohorts typically consist of between 15 and 20 participants.
Typical contact hours
Four full-day workshops per module.
You will be required to complete written assessments, plus a further strategic project. All assignments are designed to be directly related to your own organisational context and challenges. In order to gain the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma awarded by the University of Warwick, you will need to attend all four taught modules, and pass the assessment in each module and your project.
Whether you are looking to grow and develop within your current organisation, or transition into a different career path, Warwick Business School’s CareersPlus team will support you throughout your Executive Diploma and beyond to ensure that you achieve your full potential.
Executive Diploma CareersPlus resources include:
- A one-to-one career consultation with one of Warwick Business School’s highly-trained CareersPlus experts
- Access to careers workshops, sharing the latest thinking on career management
- Skills webinars covering topics such as Salary Negotiation, Assertiveness Skills, Managing Workplace Politics, The 2 Hour Job Search, and The First 90 Days
- Expert insights from guest speakers
- Recruiter events and opportunities
- Unlimited access to Warwick Business School’s professional networks
Warwick Business School
If you’re interested in the bigger picture, comfortable challenging assumptions and want a degree that will open doors, then WBS is the place for you. We will give you the foundation for change and prepare you for your future career. Are you ready to make your mark in the world of business?
Find out more about us on our website.Link opens in a new window
The vision of WBS is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. We recognise that rankings are one way to profile our progress towards fulfilling this vision, and are proud to participate in the major global business education rankings.
QS Business Master's Rankings 2022
- Master's in Business Analytics – 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
- Master's in Marketing – 7th in the world, 2nd in the UK
- Master's in Management – 19th in the world, 4th in the UK
- Master's in Finance – 20th in the world, 6th in the UK
Financial Times Master's in Management Ranking 2021
- 15th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times Master's in Finance Ranking 2022
- 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times’ Online MBA ranking 2022
- 1st in the world for our Distance Learning MBA
Economist/Which? MBA 2022
- 1st in the UK for our Full-time MBA
Our Postgraduate Taught courses
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Business and Finance (MSc)
- Business with Marketing (MSc)
- Business with Operations Management (MSc)
- Finance (MSc)
- Finance and Economics (MSc)
- Global Central Banking and Financial Regulation (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Management (MSc)
- Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MSc)
- Marketing and Strategy (MSc)
- Mathematical Finance (MSc)
- Business Administration (Distance Learning) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Executive) (MBA)
- Business Administration (Full-time) (MBA)
- Behavioural Science (PGDip)
- Digital Leadership (PGDip)
- Marketing Leadership (PGDip)
- Organisational Change (PGDip)
- Strategic Leadership (PGDip)
- Strategy and Innovation (PGDip)
Our Postgraduate Research courses
Visit our Warwick Business School web pages to learn more about funding your studies.
Fee Status Guidance
The University carries out an initial fee status assessment based on information provided in the application and according to the guidance published by UKCISA. Students are classified as either Home or Overseas Fee status and this can determine the tuition fee and eligibility of certain scholarships and financial support.
If you receive an offer, your fee status will be stated with the tuition fee information, however we are awaiting guidance from the UK government regarding fee status for EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members living in the UK for academic year 2021/22 onwards. We are not able to confirm the fee status for these students until the relevant eligibility criteria have been confirmed. Once we have received further information from the UK government, we will provide you with an update on your fee status and let you know if any additional information is required. If you believe your fee status has been incorrectly classified you can complete a fee status assessment questionnaire (follow the instructions in your offer) and provide the required documentation for this to be reassessed.
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides guidance to UK universities on fees status criteria, you can find the latest guidance on the impact of Brexit on fees and student support on the UKCISA website.
Additional course costs
Please contact your academic department for information about department specific costs, which should be considered in conjunction with the more general costs below, such as:
- Core text books
- Printer credits
- Dissertation binding
- Robe hire for your degree ceremony
Scholarships and bursaries
Read more about our Warwick Executive Diploma scholarships on our Warwick Business School web pages.
Our Warwick Executive Diploma scholarships fall into three categories:
Change Makers’ Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding candidates who will add significant value to the Executive Diploma cohort, and/or who require financial assistance to realise their learning goals.
Inspiring Women in Leadership Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding female candidates and male candidates who have made positive contributions to developing women in leadership.
Inspiring Diversity in Leadership Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding candidates from diverse backgrounds, including under-represented nationalities and sectors, with an emphasis on Key Workers and NHS personnel.
Find out more about the cost of living as a postgraduate student at the University of Warwick.
Find out how to apply to us, ask your questions, and find out more.
Taught course applications
Here is our checklist on how to apply for taught postgraduate courses at Warwick.
Research course applications
Here is our checklist on how to apply for research postgraduate degrees at the University of Warwick.
After you’ve applied
Find out how we process your application.
Track your application and update your details.
See Warwick’s postgraduate admissions policy.
Join a live chat
Ask questions and engage with Warwick.
Postgraduate Open DayOur Postgraduate Virtual Open Day will help you find out more about your course of interest, as well as general topics like applying to Warwick, accommodation, careers and funding.
Throughout the year we attend exhibitions and fairs online and in the UK. These events give you the chance to learn about our Master's and PhD study routes, and the wider context of postgraduate study.
Every week, you can connect directly with representatives from Warwick, who will be answering your questions on applying to and studying postgraduate studies at Warwick.
Some academic departments hold events for specific postgraduate programmes, these are fantastic opportunities to learn more about Warwick and your chosen department and course.
Connect with us
Want to hear more about postgraduate study at Warwick? Register your interest and find out more.