Explore our Organisational Change taught Diploma.
The Warwick Executive Diploma in Organisational Change has been expertly designed for business leaders and senior managers. Study at Warwick Business School at The Shard, and learn how to become an agent of change for your organisation now, and in the future.
For organisations to survive and thrive in dynamic contexts leaders and senior executives need to be ready to engage with the full spectrum of change strategies, from incremental change to organisational transformation, as well as the development of new cultures of agility and responsiveness.
The Executive Diploma in Organisational Change provides this comprehensive view, led by experts in organisational strategy, behaviour and leadership, to allow participants to craft the tailored strategies that are needed in environments where the pace of change is increasing.
Based at WBS London, The Shard, and studied over four, four-day modules, the Warwick Executive Diplomas are designed to deliver the maximum organisational impact without you having to leave work for extended periods.
General entry requirements
Participants who will gain most from the programme may be facing strategic challenges within their organisation which need outside inputs and new thinking, and/or who wish to address areas within their own development to help them get to the next level of performance. Applications are encouraged from a wide cross-section of industry sectors, both commercial and non-profit/public sector, and business functions.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who can demonstrate that their experience and responsibilities will allow them to take an active part in discussions and benefit fully from the programme.
Successful applicants are expected to have at least 5 years of management experience that reflects the contribution and impact they have made as a leader in their career so far. Final admission decisions will be made by the Programme Director and Admissions Committee.
English language requirements
You can find out more about our English language requirementsLink opens in a new window. This course requires the following:
- Band B
- IELTS overall score of 7.0, minimum component scores of two at 6.0/6.5 and the rest at 7.0 or above.
All of our courses are delivered in English so, if English is not your first language, you have not graduated from an English speaking university or worked in an English speaking environment for at least two years you must demonstrate a minimum overall standard in the following recognised tests of English. The certificate will be required as evidence.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information, please visit the international entry requirements pageLink opens in a new window.
There are no additional entry requirements for this course.
- Introduction to Organisational Change
- Creating Strategic Advantage
- Implementing Organisational Change
- New Perspectives on Organisational Change
- Peer networks and debate: Questioning, discussion and debate with a support network of peers as well as truly interactive relationships with teaching faculty
- Bespoke distance learning platform: Inter-modular support from the my.wbs platform, which is used to deliver our Distance learning MBA
- Guest speakers and practitioners: relevant and relate-able speakers from industry and practice will feature within each individual module
- Personal development and action learning: Utilising reflective practice, psychometric tools and analysis as well as learning through doing
The final component of your Executive Diploma is the individual project. The project is completed and submitted after the four core modules, though you will begin developing ideas for your project from the outset, as it is intended to be an integrating focus for your learning across the whole Diploma.
This Diploma cohorts typically consist of between 15 and 20 participants.
Typical contact hours
Four full-day workshops per module.
You will be required to complete written assessments, plus a further strategic project. All assignments are designed to be directly related to your own organisational context and challenges. In order to gain the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma awarded by the University of Warwick, you will need to attend all four taught modules, and pass the assessment in each module and your project.
Whether you are looking to grow and develop within your current organisation, or transition into a different career path, Warwick Business School’s CareersPlus team will support you throughout your Executive Diploma and beyond to ensure that you achieve your full potential.
Executive Diploma CareersPlus resources include:
- A one-to-one career consultation with one of Warwick Business School’s highly-trained CareersPlus experts
- Access to careers workshops, sharing the latest thinking on career management
- Skills webinars covering topics such as Salary Negotiation, Assertiveness Skills, Managing Workplace Politics, The 2 Hour Job Search, and The First 90 Days
- Expert insights from guest speakers
- Recruiter events and opportunities
- Unlimited access to Warwick Business School’s professional networks.
Warwick Business School
If you’re interested in the bigger picture, comfortable challenging assumptions and want a degree that will open doors, then WBS is the place for you. We will give you the foundation for change and prepare you for your future career. Are you ready to make your mark in the world of business?
The vision of WBS is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. We recognise that rankings are one way to profile our progress towards fulfilling this vision, and are proud to participate in the major global business education rankings.
- Masters in Marketing & Strategy - 2nd in the UK and 11th in the world
- Masters in Business Analytics - 3rd in the UK and 17th in the world
- Masters in Management - 4th in the UK and 22nd in the world
- Masters in Finance - 6th in the UK and 21st in the world
Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2022
- 27th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times Masters in Finance Ranking 2022
- 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times’ Online MBA ranking 2023
- 2nd in the world for our Distance Learning MBA
Our Postgraduate Taught courses
- Advanced Management (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Behavioural Science (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Digital Leadership (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Marketing Leadership (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Strategic Leadership & Change (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Strategy & Innovation (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
Our Postgraduate Research courses
Visit our Warwick Business School web pages to learn more about funding your studies.
Fee Status Guidance
The University carries out an initial fee status assessment based on information provided in the application and according to the guidance published by UKCISA. Students are classified as either Home or Overseas Fee status and this can determine the tuition fee and eligibility of certain scholarships and financial support.
If you receive an offer, your fee status will be stated with the tuition fee information, however we are awaiting guidance from the UK government regarding fee status for EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members living in the UK for academic year 2021/22 onwards. We are not able to confirm the fee status for these students until the relevant eligibility criteria have been confirmed. Once we have received further information from the UK government, we will provide you with an update on your fee status and let you know if any additional information is required. If you believe your fee status has been incorrectly classified you can complete a fee status assessment questionnaire (follow the instructions in your offer) and provide the required documentation for this to be reassessed.
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides guidance to UK universities on fees status criteria, you can find the latest guidance on the impact of Brexit on fees and student support on the UKCISA website.
Additional course costs
Please contact your academic department for information about department specific costs, which should be considered in conjunction with the more general costs below, such as:
- Core text books
- Printer credits
- Dissertation binding
- Robe hire for your degree ceremony
Scholarships and bursaries
Read more about our Warwick Executive Diploma scholarships on our Warwick Business School web pages.
Our Warwick Executive Diploma scholarships fall into three categories:
Change Makers’ Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding candidates who will add significant value to the Executive Diploma cohort, and/or who require financial assistance to realise their learning goals.
Inspiring Women in Leadership Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding female candidates and male candidates who have made positive contributions to developing women in leadership.
Inspiring Diversity in Leadership Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding candidates from diverse backgrounds, including under-represented nationalities and sectors, with an emphasis on Key Workers and NHS personnel.
Find out more about the cost of living as a postgraduate student at the University of Warwick.
Find out how to apply to us, ask your questions, and find out more.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for taught postgraduate courses at Warwick.
Here is our checklist on how to apply for research postgraduate degrees at the University of Warwick.