Overview of theme
Research in our Theory and Foundations division is concerned with various topics of Theoretical Computer Science, such as design and analysis of algorithms, complexity theory, logic, automata and formal verification. Our research aims at providing understanding of fundamental problems arising in Computer Science and to design mathematical tools and better algorithms to solve these problems.
Our key research areas include:
- algorithmic aspects of game theory and economics
- automata and formal languages
- cryptography and quantum computing
- combinatorics, and their applications
- logic and games
- parallel and distributed algorithms
- random structures and randomized algorithms
- string algorithms
- computational complexity
- discrete mathematics
- graph and network algorithms
- online and dynamic algorithms
- parameterized complexity and structural graph theory
- sublinear and streaming algorithms
Four papers accepted to STOC 2022
Best Student Paper Award at ITCS 2022
FoCS Theory Day 2022
On May the 13th, FoCS held the Theory Day Workshop. This is an annual event where junior researchers have the opportunity to talk about their current work. The event is attended by students and staff members of FoCS and DIMAP.
For further information see here.