A new report by Lynn Gambin and Terence Hogarth entitled, 'Employer Investment in Higher Apprenticeships in Accounting', has been published by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
The report (BIS Research Paper Number 175) provides an assessment of employers’ participation in higher apprenticeships in accounting (Level 4) with consideration of:
- employers’ reason for participating in this form of training;
- the merits of apprenticeship compared with other training leading to qualification at the same level;
- the structure of training involved in the Higher Apprenticeship;
- the costs and benefits associated with the employer's participation in this form of training; and
- employers’ plans to continue with this form of training in future.