IER international collaborative research runs through all the research fields described above. Our programme of research ranges from: developing pan-European forecasting models; the operation of international labour markets; lifelong learning and the development of a knowledge society; upskilling and engagement in learning and training; investigating changing career identities; and social equity. IER international collaborative research is multi-disciplinary bringing together teams of experts from academic and research communities in a number of European countries, India, China, Australia, South Africa, Canada, South America and the USA.
Selected recent publications
- Guest, A. Knox, and C. Warhurst (2022). Manifesto for a new Quality of Working Life. Human Relations, 75:2: pp. 304-321.
- Bimrose, J., & Goddard, T. (2021). The career development profession in Canada and the emergence of online/multi-modal practice delivery. Blueprint and Future Skills Centre.
- Sarkar, S., Chakravorty, B. and Lyonette, C, (2020). "Social Identity and Aspiration - Double Jeopardy or Intersectionality? Evidence from Rural India," GLO Discussion Paper Series 724, Global Labor Organization (GLO)
- Barnes, S-A., Bimrose, J., Brown, A., Kettunen, J., and Vuorinen, R. (2020). Lifelong guidance policy and practice in the EU: trends, challenges and opportunities. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union. ISBN 978-92-76-17340-3
- Mathieu, C., Wright, S., Boethius, S. and Green, A. (2020). 'Innovations on a shoestring: Consequences for job quality of public service innovations in health and social care', European Journal of Workplace Innovation, 5(2): 4-30.
- Dickinson, P., Warhurst, C., Corvo, L., Ludicone, F. and Demetriades, S. (2019) Cooperatives and social enterprises: Work and employment in selected countries, Dublin: Eurofound.
- Warhurst, C; Muñoz de Bustillo, L. R.; Antón Pérez, J-I.; Grande Martín, R.; Pinto, H. F.; Wright, S. (2019). Upward convergence in working conditions, Eurofound, ISBN: 978-92-897-1997-1.
- Cedefop (2018) Skills forecast: trends and challenges to 2030. Cedefop reference series 108, Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union
- Knox, A. & C. Warhurst, ‘Occupations, the missing link?: A new theoretical and methodological approach to product markets, skill and pay’, Work, Employment and Society, vol.32, no.1, pp.150-186, 2018.
- Sarkar, S., Sahoo, S. and Klasen, S. (2018). Employment Transitions of Women in India: A Panel Analysis. World Development, Volume 115, March 2019, Pages 291-309.
- Warhurst, C., Mathieu, C. and Wright, S (2017). Workplace Innovation and the Quality of Working Life in the Age of Uberisation. In: Oeij, P., Rus, D. and Pot, F. (Eds). Workplace Innovation: Theory, Research and Practice (Aligning Perspectives on Health, Safety and Well-Being series). London: Springer Publishing.
Further publications can be accessed from the IER publication pagesLink opens in a new window.
- Labour market information and an assessment of its applications. A series of international case studies, Department for Education, 2022. More details
- UK Prosperity Fund- Skills for Prosperity Programme Kenya, Department for International Development, 2021 - 2023. More details
- Innovation for African Universities Programme, British Council, 2021-2022.
- Skills data and intelligence, CEDEFOP, 2020 -2022.
- Lifelong guidance policy and practice in the EU, European Commission. (2018-2020). More details
- Transnational Employment Platform - Long Term Unemployment. European Commission (2018-2019). More details
- Provision of data analysis and intelligence on skills and labour markets, (CEDEFOP) (2014- 2018). More details
- The changing nature and role of vocational education and training in Europe. CEDEFOP (2015-2018). More details
- Graduate labour market transitions in the UK and Italy. (2018). More details
- QuInnE, H2020 EURO SOCIETY 2014, Topic: EURO 2 2014, European Commission (2015-2018). More details
- Synergies for Europe's Research Infrastructures in the Social Sciences (SERISS). European Commission. (2016 - 2018). More details
- Scalable cost-effective facilitation of professional identify transformation in public employment services EmployID, European Commission (2014 - 2018). More details