IER international collaborative research runs through all the research fields described above. Our programme of research ranges from: developing pan-European forecasting models; the operation of international labour markets; lifelong learning and the development of a knowledge society; upskilling and engagement in learning and training; investigating changing career identities; and social equity. IER international collaborative research is multi-disciplinary bringing together teams of experts from academic and research communities in a number of European countries, India, China, Australia, South Africa, Canada, South America and the USA.
Selected recent publications
- McMahon, M., Watson, M. and Bimrose, J. (2012.) Career Adaptability: A Qualitative Understanding from the Stories of Older Women. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 80, pp. 762-768.
- Brown, A., Bimrose, J., Barnes, S-A, Kirpal, S., Grønning, T. and Dæhlen M. (2010). Changing patterns of working, learning and career development across Europe. Brussels: Education Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency.
- Cedefop (with Wilson, R., Cörvers, F., Gardiner, B., Dupuy, A., Pollitt, H., and U. Chewpreecha) (2010). Future Skill Supply in Europe: Medium-term forecast up to 2020. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
- Collins, J. M. and Orton, M. (2010). Comparing counseling foreclosure policies in the US and UK. Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, 12(4), pp. 417-438.
- Cedefop (with Wilson, R., Cörvers, F., Gardiner, B., Dupuy, A., Pollitt, H., and U. Chewpreecha) (2009). Future Skill Supply in Europe: Medium-term forecast up to 2020 - Synthesis Report. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
- Baldauf B., Hogarth, T. and de Hoyos, M. (2008). Going Global? UK FE/TVVET - Opportunities in the International Market. Coventry: Warwick Institute for Employment Research.
Further publications can be accessed from the IER publication pages.
- Analysis of the Future Labour Supply and Demand in Germany, Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (2011 - 2016)
- Learning for career and labour market transitions - individual biographies, CEDEFOP (2012 - 2013)
- EQF Transversal Programme Key Activity 1: EQF Implementation: Impact of National Qualifications Systems Processes, Education Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency (2010 - 2012) More Details
- Forecasting Skill Supply and Demand in Europe, CEDEFOP (2008 - 2012) More Details
- Activating Senior Potential in Ageing Europe, EU (2008 - 2011) More Details
- Continuous Social Learning in Knowledge Networks - MATURE, European Commission (2008 - 2011) More Details
- Resources, Rights and Capabilities in Search of Social Foundations for Europe (CAPRIGHT), European Commission (2006 - 2010) More Details
- Forms of Career Development and Continuing Vocational Training (CVT), European Commission (2008 - 2010) More Details