i~work has been funded initially for a year under the New Dynamics of Ageing research initiative. This is the biggest ever research programme on ageing mounted in the UK.
New Dynamics of Ageing is a five-year multidisciplinary initiative supported by five UK Research Councils:
• the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC);
• the Medical Research Council (MRC);
• the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC);
• the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC); and
• the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC).
The programme aims to develop practical policy and implementation guidance and novel scientific, technological and design responses by harnessing inputs from a wide range of disciplines.