Collections in Echo360 are similar to playlists; a collection of related videos which may not belong to the same course or module.
Collections are designed to be collaborative spaces where people are brought together to view, post, share and work with the media in the collection.
They can be used for:
- reusing material across modules/courses and adding flexibility for who adds content
- collating teaching and help materials
- sharing media with others and depending on permissions allowing those people to reuse your content.
Collections have members who have varying permissions depending on their access level.
Echo360's Collections - Overview
Creating a collection
Anyone with instructor permissions on Echo360 can create a collection.
See Echo360's guide on Creating a collection.
Creating a collection will automatically make you the Collection Manager.
Adding media to a collection
Collection Managers and any collection member who has the Add & Upload permission in the collection can add media.
There are three ways to add media to your collection:
- Adding media to a collection - Click on the collection title and click Add Media. This provides a list of items in your Echo360 library to choose from. It also provides the option to upload a file to the collection from your local machine or a shared drive.
- Adding or Removing Collection Media from the Library Media Tile - From the media tile button in your library, click Add To Collection then identify the collection to add it to.
- Adding or Removing Collection Media from the Media Details Page - Click on the media tile and scroll down to the Collections section. From the Share with dropdown list, select the collection you want to share the media to.
Manage a collection
When you create a collection, you are added as the Collection manager. This allows you to:
- Add membersLink opens in a new window to a collection
- Remove membersLink opens in a new window from a collection
- Edit member privilegesLink opens in a new window in the collection
- Edit collection detailsLink opens in a new window (title and/or description)
- Clone a collectionLink opens in a new window (includes all media; cloner is only member)
- Delete a collectionLink opens in a new window
- View mediaLink opens in a new window in the collection
- Add mediaLink opens in a new window to a collection
- Share/Post mediaLink opens in a new window from a collection
- Make a copyLink opens in a new window of collection media
- Add a pollLink opens in a new window to video or audio media in the collection (to create interactive media)
- Edit mediaLink opens in a new window in the collection (presentationsLink opens in a new window, videosLink opens in a new window, interactive mediaLink opens in a new window, or pollsLink opens in a new window)
- Edit media detailsLink opens in a new window for media in the collection
- Edit transcriptsLink opens in a new window for media in the collection
- DownloadLink opens in a new window collection media
- Remove mediaLink opens in a new window from a collection
Sharing a collection
To share a collection with somebody, you must add them as a member. Collection Managers can add members manually or enable an Enrolment link. All members added via the link have Reviewer access level to the collection. This means they can view the media added to the collection but cannot add or remove media. A Collection Manager can amend their access level via the Membership tab of the collection.
See Echo360's guide to Using a Link To Add Collection Members.
Share media from a collection
If you have been given Post permission in a collection, you are able to post the collection media to other locations. This includes posting into a class in an Echo360 course section, creating a public link to post outside of Echo360, and embedding it into a Moodle activity, resource, or section header, using the Echo360 atto toolbar button.
See Echo360's guide to Sharing Media from a Collection to Other Locations
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)