What is academic year rollover?
Each academic year new blank Module spaces are created on Moodle ready for teaching content and activities to be added. Moodle will not automatically copy your content from a previous academic year in to the new academic year. The Academic Year Rollover tool allows a nominated individual to enter the rollover decisions for each module in a department.
Most systems at Warwick use August 1st as the start of the new Academic Year, and rollover will normally be available shortly after this.
Who is responsible for making rollover decisions?
Ultimately the course leader and teaching team are responsible for deciding how the course should be created for the following year. The nominated individual responsible for entering the decisions in to the system will differ in each department.
If you are not sure who your nominated individual is in your department please contact moodle at warwick dot ac dot uk
What decisions need to be made?
A blank Moodle space will automatically be created for all UG and PG modules in SITS. For each module you will be asked:
- To decide whether to import content from last year, import content and staff enrolments, create a blank space, the module is no longer required or apply the module default template.
- Whether to remove manual staff enrolments from the previous academic year.
- Whether to remove staff edit permissions.
If you have any questions about rollover decisions please contact moodle at warwick dot ac dot uk
When will Moodle spaces be available?
The availability of Moodle spaces for each academic year will normally be available by the end of September if rollover decisions are made by departments in advance of this time. Moodle spaces are not automatically rolled over.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Use groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Echo360
- Getting started with Echo360 Lecture Capture
- Lecture Capture enabled spaces
- Schedule a lecture capture
- Getting started with Universal Capture (Personal)