What is the Advancing your Strengths Mentoring Programme?
The Advancing your Strengths Mentoring Programme offers careers focussed mentoring designed to provide students with support and encouragement in their career journey through connecting to a mentor with an established career.
The aims of programme:
- Inspire and grow your confidence
- Guide the development of your professional and personal skills
- Provide an insight into professional life
- Grow your professional network
Who is eligible to apply?
The programme is only open to students who are already registered on either the Warwick Advance or Strengthening Your Career Potential programmes. If you don’t currently belong to either programme, please visit their respective webpages to see if you can apply.
To take part you must be keen to advance your professional and personal development and able to commit to having one mentoring session per month for the duration of the programme. You will also need to have access to your university emails and Microsoft Teams for video or voice calls with your mentor.
Final year students due to complete their studies in summer 2020 will be eligible to remain on the programme until June 2021 even if you have completed your studies. This is to provide you with additional support to help you in your career development following your graduation.
Benefits to you
- Receive 1-1 support from an experienced professional who can share their experiences and advice
- Learn about professional life with the possibility of gaining insights into a particular industry if applicable (please note we cannot guarantee you will be matched to a mentor from a specific industry)
- Increase your confidence to reach your goals
- Develop key professional and personal skills to help you succeed in your career
- Connect with successful professionals growing your own network
- Reflect on your plans and work towards a clearer career direction
Find out more about the programme
If you are interested in the participating in the programme, please read through the guidebook below to find out more about the commitments, expectations and many benefits of participating in the programme.
Training dates to follow.
Please note that we will be unable to match you with a mentor until you have completed the relevant training.