This guide explains how to make your Echo360 recordings, whether Lecture Capture or Universal Capture (Personal), available to students.
There are several methods to share Echo360 content and your choice should depend on what the recordings relate to and where you want to share them.
Echo360 Lecture Capture and Universal Capture recordings made for specific modules can be shared to Moodle in two ways:
Both methods assume that the recordings have been made for a module or an ad-hoc Moodle space with an associated Echo360 section:
- via the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block in the respective Moodle space which will link to all recordings for the space it sits in.
- using the External tool resource to link to an individual recording which can be placed in the relevant section (topic) of your Moodle space
The Lecture Capture (Echo360) block
If you have booked an automated Lecture Capture recording, your Moodle space will already have the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block on the right-hand side and it will link to the module’s recordings.
If you have made Universal Capture recordings for an ad-hoc Moodle space, you must have a corresponding section in Echo and have published the recording to it. Email email@example.com to request a ‘section’ in Echo360 for your space.
If you do not have the Lecture Capture block in your space:
- Turn editing on in the Moodle space.
- Open the navigation drawer, if it is not already open, by clicking on the 'burger menu' icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Click Add a block in the bottom of the navigation drawer.
- Choose Lecture Capture (Echo360) from the list.
NB. If you do not see it in the list, it is because the block has already been added.
- The block will appear on the right-hand side of your Moodle space. It cannot be dragged to the centre.
- Click on the logo of the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block to check that it links to your module or ad-hoc space in Echo360 and displays the correct recordings. If the correct module isn't already selected, choose the Section (module/space) from the drop-down list.
- Ensure Link to the Section Home is selected.
- Click Link Content.
- Turn editing on in the Moodle space.
- Click on Add an activity or resource in the section in which you want to add the link.
- Choose External tool from the resources list and then click Add.
- In the Activity name field, enter the name of the link you want to create e.g. Recording of Lecture 3 - 01/02/2020.
- From the Pre-configured tool dropdown list, select Echo ALP Prod.
- Click Save and display.
- Choose the Section (module) from the drop-down to which you want the recording(s) to link to if the correct module isn't already selected.
- Choose Link to a Classroom in Step 2.
- Choose the recording you want to share from the list of all recordings of the selected module.
- Click Link Content above the list of recordings.
- The recording will display and a direct link to it will now be on your Moodle module space.
If you want to share a recording made in Universal Capture (Personal) from your private My Content library to Moodle, Sitebuilder or via any other channel, you will need to obtain the URL or embed code for your video.
- Login to https://echo360.org.uk. Remember that your Echo360 password is not linked to your University password.
- Follow the instructions on Generating Links to Videos from the Content Home Page.
- Add the URL or embed code to the desired website.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle