You can mix and match the configuration settings based on the equipment available to you or to suit the recording style or content you want to convey. For example, the input and display options include:
- Single display with audio (slides and narration)
- Single display with webcam and audio (slides, narration, and you/document)
- Two displays with audio
For example, you could record your slides and narration or record your slides, narration, and annotate a document recorded using your webcam (like an in-classroom visualiser).
Configuring and Recording with Universal Capture (Personal)
- Open Universal Capture (Personal).
- If you have not yet installed Universal Capture please follow the installing Universal Capture guide for instructions on installing and logging in to Universal Capture (Personal).
- If prompted, log in using your full University email address and Echo360 password.
- Once you are logged in to the application, click Edit capture details .
- Enter a Title, Description (optional) and Tags (optional).
- If your software is updated to the latest version, you will see an option to Live Stream. Live stream should only be used when absolutely necessary. There is no difference between a student watching a recording at any time and them watching a live stream as there is no interactivity with participants.
- Under Publish to... select the Echo360 section (folder) where you would like to publish the recording once completed.
- Unless specified, recordings will be stored in your private personal Library by default.
- If the recording is for a module, and you want the recording to be accessed via the Moodle module space, select the module from the list.
- If you cannot see a section (folder) listed for your module or Moodle space, contact lecturecapture at warwick dot ac dot uk.
- Click Save.
- Select the inputs you would like to record using the drop-down menus above each screen preview.
- Select No input, Display X, or webcam (depending on the available inputs).
- Select the default microphone input in the centre of the screen.
- When ready, click on the record button .
- There will be a 5-second countdown and then the recording will start
- The Echo360 user interface will shrink and appear on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- To stop, pause or cancel the recording, click on the Echo360 icon on the toolbar to open the user interface or use the keyboard shortcuts.
- Once you have stopped the recording, it will be added to a queue for processing and upload. If you are recording offline (without an internet connection), your recording will be queued and uploaded the next time you have an internet connection.
Universal Capture gets the display numbers from computer settings. If you have multiple monitors, switch between Display inputs to preview or check the monitor number in your display settings. (Windows 10)
Shortcut keys to control your capture (Desktop Applications only)
Shortcut keys will not work with your numeric keypad, instead, use the numbers that are a part of the typewriter keys.
|Action||Mac Keyboard Shortcut||Windows Keyboard Shortcut|
|Pause & Resume (toggle)||Command + 6||Control + 6|
|Finish (Stop) the Recording||Command + 8||Control + 8|
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle