Echo360 Analytics enable you to:
- See which students have viewed your recordings,
- See which of your recordings are getting the most views,
- See the parts of your recordings that are being viewed most often,
- Export the analytics as an Excel file for further analysis.
Accessing Echo360 analytics for a module
- Login to Moodle, and navigate to the module.
- Click on the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block on the right-hand-side of the Moodle space.
- Select Analytics at the top of the page.
Once you have accessed the analytics page for the module, you will see an overview of the module metrics. The video views provide an insight in to the number of times a video has been viewed by your students.
- Click Export full data set to download an Excel file of the table and additional metric fields.
- Click on a recording from the table to display a list of all students and how they have interacted with the recording.
Learn more about the analytics overview page from the Echo360 Course Analytics - Overview guide.
Student overview and individual student data
- Follow the steps above to access the Echo360 analytics for your module.
- Click the Students tab on the left of the analytics page. This displays a list of all students with metrics based on their interaction with the recording.
- Click on an individual student to open a window with a list of all the module recordings.
- Click Export full data set to download an Excel file of the table. This export includes additional metric fields.
Learn more about student analytics from the Echo360 Course Analytics - Student Data guide.
Echo360 uses analytics from its full Active Learning Platform (ALP) features including attendance, notes, Q&A, presentation views etc. to calculate an Engagement Score for each student. This is based on the activity of each student as they 'engage' with each ALP feature.
If you do not use any of the ALP features, the Engagement Score is unlikely to be meaningful however, you can change the weighting of each feature to match your use and their relative importance to 'engagement' with your recordings.
Learn more about the metrics used by Echo360 analytics from the Definition of Analytics Data Metrics guide.
Learn how to configure the engagement score from the Configuring YOUR Engagement Score Preferences guide.
The heatmap displays a graph along the timeline of a recording with peaks and troughs showing the 30 second segments that have received the most views.
- Click on the Lecture Capture (Echo360) block in the Moodle space.
- Click on the recording you want to view the heatmap for.
- Click the heatmap overlay toggle in the player at the bottom next to the volume button.
- A timeline overlay will be displayed over the video.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system