It is not possible to delete your Dashboard or Profile pages but all other pages can be deleted, as can collections.
If a page is deleted, it is removed from all collections it is contained in.
If a collection is deleted, the pages it contains are not deleted and will remain available in any other collections they below to, or as individual pages if they are not part of a collection.
Delete a page
Open the page that you want to delete from the Pages and Collections location or from within the specific collection.
You can see both collections (1) and pages (2) in the image below. You can easily identify a collection as it shows the number of pages contained within it. Click on the title to open the item - for a page, open the page itself, or click on the collection that contains it.
Click on the icon to open the page menu and select 'Delete this page'
A warning message will open
- Please note the very important detail "It cannot be undone". Once a page is deleted, you cannot recover it.
- If the page is part of a collection, there will be an information message here. Deleting a page does not delete the collection.
- If the page still has information that you might find useful in the future, you can export it to a zip or leap2a file.
- Click Yes to permanently delete the page, or no to return to the previous page.
Delete a collection
You do not need to open the collection in order to delete it. Click on the menu and select Delete.
A confirmation message opens. This notes that 'pages in this collection will not be deleted'. To delete individual pages, see above. Confirm yes to remove the collection or no to return to the previous screen.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle