In order to add people to a group, or share pages and collections with them open the 'find people' page directly from the Engage menu.
This will open the 'Find people' page.
Alternatively, at the top of the page, there is a 'search users' box to search for other users within Mahara. Type all or part of the persons name and click on the search icon.
This will open the 'Find people' page with results already filtered.
Within this page, use the 'Search: (Everyone)' box which allows you to search for users by name. You can use this to find classmates or course leaders in order to send them messages friend requests or add them to groups.
Search your portfolio
There are two search locations available within the Portfolio / pages and collections section.
The first appears at the top of Pages and collections and allows searching by title, description and tags. Search results can be sorted alphabetically, by date created and last modified amongst other options.
Results are returned as a selection of the pages / collections in a grid view.
The second search options appears in the menu on the right hand side (below the Tags window if this is present). In tests we have found that this is not as reliable a search as the pages and collections version.
Results (when any are found) are returned as a simple list with location information.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 19.04 and was last updated May 2020.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system