Tags are keywords that are added to artefacts, pages and collections to make it easier to find related items. For detailed instructions on adding content (artefacts), pages and other items that can be tagged, please see the relevant guides.
This guide explains how to use tags to populate a page automatically. When a page is created using this process, it will automatically include files, text, notes, plans and tasks, journals and journal entries that match the chosen tags. These can be rearranged later to suit requirements. Items tagged later are not added automatically.
- Click on the main menu icon, expand the Create section, and select Pages and Collections, or click on Create on the Dashboard.
- Click on Add, and select Page.
- Add a page title and description.
- Locate the Create via tags search box.
- Start typing a word to add a tag and a drop-down menu will open listing matching tags.
- Select the tag to be added. The number after the tag indicates how many times the tag has been used.
- Click save to create the page.
The page will be created with all the existing artefacts and blocks with the chosen tags. Some artefacts will be combined when added e.g. images will be added to an image gallery; PDFs, audio, documents will be added to a Files to download block.
Edit the page layout by dragging and resizing the blocks accordingly. Rename the blocks if required.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 20.04 and was last updated August 2020.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle