Where a course has multiple markers, it is possible for course leaders and editing teachers to allocate individual markers to specific assignment submissions.
This could be used to ensure that subject specialists are assigned to mark questions about their
specialism or where assignments relate to specific projects.
Please note that it is only possible to allocate in this way to Non-editing teacher and Marker roles. Course leaders and editing teachers will see all assignments.
Turn on marking workflow and marker allocation
- Turn editing on in your Moodle space.
- Add your assignment using Add activity or resource
- In the settings for the assignment, expand the Grade section.
- Set Use marking workflow to yes.
- Set Use marking allocation to yes.
- Click Save and Display.
- Go to the assignment where you wish to allocated specific participants submissions to markers.
- Click on View all submissions.
- Select all or some of the submissions using the check boxes and then use the drop down list to select Set allocated marker and click Go.
- Click OK to confirm you wish to continue with allocating markers.
- On the next screen, select the allocated marker from the drop down list and click save changes.
- The name of the allocated marker is now shown in the grading screen. Here you can see that each marker has been allocated 2 items to grade (when submitted).
- When the markers / non-editing teachers login and click on 'view all assignments', they will only see the submissions that have been allocated to them.
For more information see use marking allocation on Moodle.org.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges