What is academic year rollover?
Each academic year new blank Module spaces are created on Moodle ready for teaching content and activities to be added. Moodle will not automatically copy your content from a previous academic year in to the new academic year. The Academic Year Rollover tool allows a nominated individual to enter the rollover decisions for each module in a department.
Who is responsible for making rollover decisions?
Ultimately the course leader and teaching team are responsible for deciding how the course should be created for the following year. The nominated individual responsible for entering the decisions in to the system will differ in each department.
If you are not sure who your nominated individual is in your department please contact moodle at warwick dot ac dot uk
What decisions need to be made?
A blank Moodle space will automatically be created for all UG and PG modules in SITS. For each module you will be asked:
- To decide whether to import content from last year, import content and staff enrolments, create a blank space, the module is no longer required or apply the module default template.
- Whether to remove manual staff enrolments from the previous academic year.
- Whether to remove staff edit permissions.
If you have any questions about rollover decisions please contact moodle at warwick dot ac dot uk
When will Moodle spaces be available?
The availability of Moodle spaces for the 20/21 academic year are to be confirmed.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system