This guide details how users can edit their profile information and settings. Fields that are editable include: address, time zone, description, interests and (social media) contact details. For the purpose of authentication, you cannot change your username.
Editing Your Profile
- Click on your name in the top right corner to open the User menu.
- Click 'Profile'.
- Click 'Edit profile' in the 'User details' box.
- Make the desired changes to the information and settings fields. The fields are grouped into six sections: General, User picture, Additional names, Interests and Optional, which are explained below.
- Click 'Update profile' when you have finished changing your profile settings.
- Username, First name, Surname and Email address - compulsory and non-editable fields.
- City/Town, Country, Timezone and Description - optional and editable fields.
- The Timezone field is used to convert time-related messages on the system (such as assignment deadlines) from the local timezone (the time in London) to the correct time in whichever zone you have selected.
You cannot change your profile picture in Moodle. If you would like to change your profile picture, please go to photos.warwick.ac.uk. Please note that this will change your profile picture for all University systems and online platforms.
You will be able to set your alternative or additional names here.
Use tags here to display your interests on your profile page.
There are several optional fields allowing you to add further details to your profile such as contact details and your website.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle