What is academic year rollover?
Each academic year new blank Module spaces are created on Moodle ready for teaching content and activities to be added. Moodle will not automatically copy your content from a previous academic year in to the new academic year. The Academic Year Rollover tool allows a nominated individual to enter the rollover decisions for each module in a department.
Who is responsible for making rollover decisions?
Ultimately the course leader and teaching team are responsible for deciding how the course should be created for the following year. The nominated individual responsible for entering the decisions in to the system will differ in each department.
If you are not sure who your nominated individual is in your department please contact moodle at warwick dot ac dot uk
What decisions need to be made?
A blank Moodle space will automatically be created for all UG and PG modules in SITS. For each module you will be asked:
- To decide whether to import content from last year, import content and staff enrolments, create a blank space, the module is no longer required or apply the module default template.
- Whether to remove manual staff enrolments from the previous academic year.
- Whether to remove staff edit permissions.
If you have any questions about rollover decisions please contact moodle at warwick dot ac dot uk
When will Moodle spaces be available?
The availability of Moodle spaces for the 20/21 academic year are to be confirmed.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges